Online dating - Has anyone tried it?

Sourdeez said:
Aww man don't think like that just because your moving. One of the best relationships I ever had was during the last 4 months before I moved to California. The girl was awesome and we both knew I was leaving soon. I do regret not continuing the relationship but it was one of the best parts of my life. Id choose to do it again knowing full well how I feel now.

Well, the problem has less to do with me. I would have dated someone, it's just... the school I was at. It's hard to really describe the culture, but my undergrad school is a very small Presbyterian university. Something like 98% of the student body is Christian, and most are very Christian. You just don't get to have 4 month relationships there - everyone evaluates everyone as whether or not they're marriage potential, or potential for a lengthy relationship. It seriously got fucking annoying. So I'm glad I'm moving on.

^Sounds like my college experience. I called it the pressure cooker. Most people are fine with minute rice, but nah...these guys...they want a full meal? Pfffft. ;)

NickKmet said:
I spent the first half of the year getting over my ex, and then spent the last half knowing I would be moving to NYC for grad school,.

Hey I'm going to grad school in NYC this fall as well! We should like hang out.

Master_Craig said:
Not to rip you off Dobby but that's a quote I use all the time too to sum up my dating life,

"Story of my life."

:)

Master_Craig said:
That's what my friends tell me as well. It's probably better that it didn't work out, because that way you may find someone better for you that will work out and it'll make it the more special. In all honesty, I'm starting to think that won't happen for me and I'm thinking I should start buying an army of either cats or dogs, buy a walking stick and tell kids to get off my Goddamn lawn.

Haha I sometimes think I will end up the same, with a bunch of cats. But a woman at my work is like that, never had a boyfriend in her life actually and she is the most miserable and judgemental person I know and I am determined not to turn out like her :p eventually we will all find someone just right for all of us... Hopefully.. Just need to surround yourself with the things you love and you will find someone with common interests. But for the moment I'm just enjoy doing what I want, when I want. Freedom! :D

Dobby2244 said:
But a woman at my work is like that, never had a boyfriend in her life actually and she is the most miserable and judgemental person I know and I am determined not to turn out like her :p
I wouldn't want to turn out to be De-Ting either ba-dum TISH

tumblr_mdupitZUnT1rfq0ndo1_500.jpg

Online dating? Never. I made an OKCupid account, went "this is stupid" and never once used it.

Dating online? Also never. That said, I seem to attract crazies, as I have had several girls fall in love with me despite them barely even knowing me. I guess I'm just cute like that? That said, they were all super insane and stalkerish. So that was fun.

I suppose I should just get a real girl or something, but I don't know where to buy one.

Longo_2_guns said:
Online dating? Never. I made an OKCupid account, went "this is stupid" and never once used it.

Dating online? Also never. That said, I seem to attract crazies, as I have had several girls fall in love with me despite them barely even knowing me. I guess I'm just cute like that? That said, they were all super insane and stalkerish. So that was fun.

I suppose I should just get a real girl or something, but I don't know where to buy one.

You could date yourself with that flowing long hair.

Mod-Chip said:
NickKmet said:
I spent the first half of the year getting over my ex, and then spent the last half knowing I would be moving to NYC for grad school,.

Yeah! Where are you going to school? I'll be at NYU.

Hey guys.

Single, male, 26, wanted in 9 countries, known sexual deviant (aimed at asians only), likes manga, games and sports.

The personal ad writes itself.

NickKmet said:
Mod-Chip said:
NickKmet said:

I'll be going to Columbia, living in Brooklyn. I've lived in New York for 2 years, so I know a lot of hip places to get delicious craft beers. Are you doing the dorm thing?

Columbia? D: For what? I know people there. By which I mostly mean professors... my friend was considering going there for grad school, but ultimately turned it down. She's really happy where she is now, though.

Hum, for the record, and to try to keep things loosely on track, I can say that I form relationships with people online, and I'm completely happy with it, for what my life is like now. There are plans to meet, but not quite yet. I think a lot of people I know don't get it at all, but it can be wonderfully fulfilling.

Mod-Chip said:
NickKmet said:
Mod-Chip said:
NickKmet said:

I'll be going to Columbia, living in Brooklyn. I've lived in New York for 2 years, so I know a lot of hip places to get delicious craft beers. Are you doing the dorm thing?

Nah, the dorms are ridiculously expensive, considering the location of the school. I have a roommate all set up already, and I'm actually going out there in a few weeks to look for places. I think we're either going to be living in Washington Heights, or somewhere in Brooklyn.

NickKmet said:
Mod-Chip said:
NickKmet said:
Mod-Chip said:
NickKmet said:

Nah, the dorms are ridiculously expensive, considering the location of the school. I have a roommate all set up already, and I'm actually going out there in a few weeks to look for places. I think we're either going to be living in Washington Heights, or somewhere in Brooklyn.

Neat! I'm living in Park Slope. Let's meet up at some point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod