NES or SNES?

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming' started by Boringman54, Sep 29, 2007.

?

What system was better?

1. NES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. SNES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ashalar

Ashalar Novice

And it worked with Game Boy color games, making Pokemon Yellow even sweeter.

2. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Yes! Yes yes freakin'-yes!

3. Noritama

Noritama Rookie

SNES by far, No system has a library such as that console.I could play that system for eons and still find new games from around the world to play that are interesting and fun.,

4. Sightless

Sightless Rookie

YES!!!

5. drathbone

drathbone Regular

SNES.....just cuz the NES was the catalyst for what the gaming market is today doesn't necessarily make it better than the SNES in my eyes.

The SNES has many of the greatest RPG's (if not games) of ALL time - Mario RPG, Earthbound, FF3, Chrono Trigger, Zelda A Link to the Past (> Legend of Zelda IMO), Breath of Fire series, Lufia series - to name a few. Some other great games are Mario Cart, Super Smash TV, NBA Jam, Kirby Super Star, Harvest Moon, Killer Instinct, Super Punch Out, Donkey Kong, Contra 3, Turtle in Time, F-Zero, Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, Super Metroid....the list goes on.

I understand some of these series originally started on NES (Punch Out, Metroid etc) but I believe if I was stuck on an island and I had to choose between NES with the entire library and SNES with the entire library, I'd go with the SNES every single time. Both systems are great, but I have significantly more childhood memories from the SNES than I did from the NES from playing 2 player (Mario Kart, NBA Jam, Contra etc) with my brother to the first time I killed Kefka, the Mana Beast, Gigas or Lavos. Maybe I'm biased because of the great RPG's....

6. LeeScratchFTW

LeeScratchFTW Rookie

SNES all the way: Final Fantasy VI, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger and BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD.

7. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

SNES. I'm basing this off of memories of Secret of Mana, Link to the Past, Street Fighter II, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat, Contra, Super Mario, Pilot Wings, Battleclash, Battle Toads and numerous others that I'm probably forgetting.

The NES had some stellar titles too though and was the first console I ever owned that was my own. (My step father had an Atari 2600)

8. Alex_Osborn

Alex_Osborn Rookie

No competition. Super Nintendo takes the cake. Super Mario RPG anyone?

9. danielrbischoff

I still don't get why they haven't rereleased the shit out of SMRPG. They'd make millions.... MILLIONS.

10. Trendkill88

Trendkill88 Rookie

They're both great. It's impossible for me to take one over the other.

NES:
    Mario
    Zelda
    Ninja Gaiden
    Castlevania

SNES:
    Beavis & Butthead
    Donkey Kong Country
    Super Caesar's Palace
    X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
    Spiderman VS Venom: Maximum Carnage

Too many great games to list for both.

11. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Since thread has been revived...

SNES for sure. The SNES had a lot better games, it looked and sounded nicer and it had some cool add-ons like the Super Gameboy.