My new thing

My NES, SNES, N64, etc are all still safe and sound in a closet somewhere. I pulled out my N64 and gave it a go but my current gaming set up is not made for wired controllers. The first thing I did when I sat down with the controller in my hand was pull the damn console off the stand and have it crash on the floor.

Wes said:
The first thing I did when I sat down with the controller in my hand was pull the damn console off the stand and have it crash on the floor.
Presumably the N64 has a small scratch while you need to replace the floor?

And the wired controllers/expense of games/lack of PAL consoles for sale is the reason i like my current setup - for N64/GC/PS2 games i run my PC through my TV with a wireless 360 controller, and it works fairly flawlessly. PS1/NES/SNES duties are done by my phone.
By doing N64 through my PC, it actually works better than the console itself - OOT with high res texutres and all of the graphical enhancements the emulator can do looks damn good - as in early-PS2-era good, and the 360 controller is infinitely better than the N64s one.

Sure, you lack the actual collection and owning the awesome consoles, but at the same time it's a hell of a lot cheaper and much easier to replace. If you spent years building up an awesome NES/SNES collection, it'd take someone 5 minutes to steal it all or set your house on fire destroying all that work. By going digital/emu only, you can fit your entire collection on a MicroSD and implant it under your skin just in case.

I'd still probably buy a good condition SNES if i could find one locally, but so far they're either yellow and damaged or going for >$100.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod