Must-Have N64 Classics

Alex_Osborn

Rookie
Hey all, just sitting here watching some Sunday night football thinking about the good old days of the N64—totally normal, right? Anyway, let me know which titles are you personal favorites from this epic Nintendo era.

Mine are:

Donkey Kong 64 (Not quite a new DKC, but the next best thing)
Super Mario 64
Ocarina of Time AND Majora's Mask (Man, I loved that game)
Super Smash Bros. (Duh)
Goldeneye
Gauntlet Legends (So many hours spent on this one)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (Because... why not?)

Oddly enough, I was never a huge fan of Mario Kart 64. Always preferred the SNES classic.

No, never Pokemon Snap.

I loved the Mario sports game for the 64. Tennis, Golf. Just good games
Gauntlet was/is amazing.
Blitz. There is no game as amazing as Blitz. Best buddy vs buddy game.

Oh wait, forgot about the Wrestlemania games. These games were perfect. No more, one shade away from a Street Fighter game, wrestling games for me...ever...again. Just ridiculous matches with tons of back and forth.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Those WWF/WCW games were amazing. I remember sitting in CAW for hours...sadly. Man did I need a gf...

Yes! I only had one friend with the N64 and of all the games he had we played the wrestling games.

Others:

Paper Mario (!)
Duke Nukem Zero Hour
Banjo games
and Bomberman Hero

Affen said:
Bomberman Hero

Hmm.

I had to look this up to make sure it wasn't the same as the one I remember loving. It's not the one (I was right with Bomberman 64) but it does look rad.

My sister and I played Bomberman 64 a ton! The single-player was like isometric puzzle/platformer and the multiplayer was more classic atomic man. Good stuff. Even the AI bots were awesome.

used44 said:
Affen said:
Bomberman Hero

Hmm.

I had to look this up to make sure it wasn't the same as the one I remember loving. It's not the one (I was right with Bomberman 64) but it does look rad.

My sister and I played Bomberman 64 a ton! The single-player was like isometric puzzle/platformer and the multiplayer was more classic atomic man. Good stuff. Even the AI bots were awesome.

Yeah. Bomberman Hero really differed from the normal bomberman gameplay, but it was a fun 3d platformer.

I really liked Bomberman 64 too and spent many hours playing the multiplayer. Just didn't bother mentioning it again.

Ahhh...

Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros.
Starfox 64
Goldeneye
Goemon's Great Adventure

I want to add Bomberman 64 to the list, but I'm not sure my feelings about it now are the same as they were back then. It's sort of on the fence, I guess.

And hey, I'll admit that I really enjoyed Pokemon Snap. I never owned it, but I would go over to my -younger brother's friend's- house to play it! It's so cute, right?

There was one wrestling game I would play when my older brother's friend came over, but I have NO idea which one it was, or what series or whatever it was from. I don't know if I remember enough about it to figure it out.

I wish I had Gauntlet.

LinksOcarina said:
Ogre Battle 64.

Best RTS on the system.
You-keep-using-that-word1-300x252.jpg

My favourite games on the N64...

-Super Mario 64
-Diddy Kong Racing (I felt was better than Mario Kart 64)
-GoldenEye: 007
-Perfect Dark
-Super Smash. Bros
-Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

I'm going to have to go with:

Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Jet Force Gemini
Golden Eye
TLOZ Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Banjo Kazooie
Star Fox 64
Perfect Dark

Fyi if you type in Halifax in the cheat code menu in Rogue Sqadron you get the milenium falcon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod