Minneapolis

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Headed to Minneapolis in December for a Vikings game. Anybody familiar with the area have any tips on hotels, and other things to do? I'll be spending about 5 days there.

danielrbischoff said:
Jeez, pack warm.

Used is from Alaska, Dan. Minneapolis in December is about the same for him as Hawaii in December would be for the rest of us.

But really, maybe the mall of America? Otherwise, it's been like 10 years since I was in Minnesota. So I got nothing.

The Metrodome is the worst sports arena on the face of the earth, just so you know.

I'm not sure about hotels, but for sure try to eat at Mesa Pizza or 5-8 club for a Juicy Lucy, those are my favorite places to eat downtown.

I been there once, spent, I dunno, 36 hours there? Stayed with a friend, was there for a job interview. In February. Here is a rundown:

-Like everybody already said, its gonna be cold. There will be snow. But those Minnesotans are a hearty bunch, I saw more people riding bikes (in the snow, mind you) in two days there than I saw riding in Chicago all winter. An Alaskan should fit right in.

-Don't know anything about hotels, but for things to do: There is a wonderful art museum, which is free every day. There is the Guthrie Theater, which is this huge modern theater where you can go even when there's not a show and see awesome views of the Mississippi River. The Dinkytown neighborhood is where the U of M is, and where a young Robert Zimmerman hung out. It has that hip, college town vibe. Uptown is a laid-back hipsterish neighborhood with excellent live-music venues. Have a drink at CC Club.

-The outskirts of the city are home to the "Chain of Lakes" with hiking, swimming, and boating opportunity, but, December...There is also its twin city, St. Paul, to explore, which I'm sure has lots of neat stuff to do and see.

-They take food pretty seriously there. They're into local food, farmer's markets, all that stuff. There is also Eat Street, which has a lot of ethnic fare. Go to Bryant-Lake Bowl. You can get a burger and some awesome beer, and then bowl.

And the people are really nice. Its a good place. What more can you ask for? Enjoy you visit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod