Iphone plans

piracer

Rookie
Since im gonna be studying at WSU this coming August, wanted to ask about the best iphone plans there are out there. Which are you using or would reccomend? And since we're at it, can anyone advice on which bank i should have an account with? The campus is in Pullman if any of you folks are familiar with the area.

Thanks.

Oh and anyone gonna be in Seattle this coming 7th of August?

I'd like a droid, but you know, it's now legal to jailbreak iPhones and smartphones. So why bother with AT&T?

I live in Seattle, so I'll be there.

And AT&T charges a riduculous amount for their iPhone plans.Honestly, I liked Verizon a lot more when I had them. Since you can jailbreak/unlockand switch to any carrier, I suggest you look at Verizon's plans before you commit to an expensive AT&T plan with spotty coverage.

When I purchased my iPhone I was able to get unlimited data for 30 a month. AT&T changed that though so now you get I believe 200 MBs for 15/ 2gbs for 25 a month. A rip off if you ask me. Don't forget to factor in texting packages and voice.

Really, you're better off going with the Sprint HTC EVO. It's basically the Incredible but with a larger screen and Sprint has much better plan prices. It's also pretty competitive with the iPhone 4.

Now Rosa and I share a family plan but I'll break it down for you:

135 a month or so.
450 shared minutes, unlimited nights and weekends, nationwide long distance, free calling mobile to mobile with other AT&T users. Rollover included.
Unlimited data for just myself. It would be either another 15 or 20 for her to get data.
Unlimited text messaging for both.

I had a customer call in and I have yet to verify this but he claims has 2x EVOs with the Sprint family plan. Him and his wife pay 120 a month for unlimited data, text, evenings and weekends and I believe he said unlimited any time minutes but that sound's too good to be true.

As for a bank, I'd recommend Bank of America. I've also heard decent things about Chase. They're the ones who financed our car but our experience with them is limited.

Motorola Milestone.

Had a play with one in my mates phone shop, VERY impressed.

And i've had 2 iPhones in the past, both were complete pieces of shit that i had nothing but problems with.
I'm currently rocking a $150 (~$80usd) Samsung slider, and it has more features than even the shitty iPhone 4. It's been 3 days since i charged it, and it's saying it's at 45% battery.
If i didn't charge my iPhone for even 1 day, it would be flat.

Hmmm well the thing is i already have an iphone and until that breaks down i see no point in getting a new one. Right now the plan i have includes:

15gigs of data (which is practically unlimited)
100mins talk time
500 texts

as the important stuff for $45 (so that would mean like $USD35)

anything around these plan? Also i had my phone jailbroken once but it messed around with it badly so im a little afraid. Whats a good jailbreak program? And how come only AT&T has iphone plans? Here in Singapore we have 3 Telcos, all with comprative iPhone plans.

Nothing from AT&T is comparable to what you have unfortunately.

Verizon will have the iPhone come...September I believe? So you will have more options then.

Use Spirit, all you do is download it, plug in your iPhone, and click "jailbreak" and it does all the rest for you. But you should wait until OS 4.1 comes out, as jailbreaking will be unstable till then. I took off my jailbreak since it was acting weird as well, but if you want I'll let you know when the new Spirit for 4.1 is released.

Because once you've jailbroken it, you can unlock it, which will let you use the phone with any U.S. carrier (ie. Sprint, Verizon, something with cheaper plans than AT&T). I still use AT&T because the rest of my family does, but if given the option, I would switch to Verizon ASAP.

Oh so the other carriers have data plans? Sorry but how does this work? Don't you just pop in a sim card from another carrier and your good to go?

Honestly I have no idea how it works, I just know that it's possible. You'll have to do some research on how it's done; I'll ask my friend who has his iPhone on a Sprint plan right now how he did it too.

Ok looking at the Sprint and AT&T website im a little confused by how plans in the States work. There seems to be only regular plans (talk, texts etc) and data plans separately. Are there plans that have both?

Crap so whats the diff betweens the telecos? They all seem to have the same stuff.

And $80 for a talking plan with data plan seems so darn expensive when i pay $45 here, in Singapore dollars even. yeeesh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod