Manga Discussion Topic! OHAYOO!! xD xD

Ok...anime...manga....hmm...OK

Anyone else read the newest Naruto chapter?
The longer it goes on the more and more I'm convinced that the author has a (not so) secret fetish with the sharingan...I mean come on...he gave that Danzo dude an ENTIRE f**king arm covered in eyes...seriously WTF!?

I know, it is pretty ridiculous now. After the Pain attack on Konoha, Naruto has been pretty shit actually. The fight between Sasuke and the Raikage was pretty cool. But since then, it's all been a bit of a blur. Nothing has really gripped me into it.

MattAY said:
I know, it is pretty ridiculous now. After the Pain attack on Konoha, Naruto has been pretty s*** actually. The fight between Sasuke and the Raikage was pretty cool. But since then, it's all been a bit of a blur. Nothing has really gripped me into it.

It's gotten pretty stale. And I had a pretty 'WTF' moment when Sakura confessed to Naruto. :p

Just remind yourself for the whole sharingan piece- Danzo was the one who ordered it, and he's always had some motive that's unknown to everyone but him. His whole arm covered in them didnt surprise me too much.

Im excited for Bleach though. Im hoping Aizen has met his match until Ichigo gets there.

Ah! I'm not up to date on Bleach, so no spoilers!! :p Or warn me before you do talk about it. I'm up to the bit where you realise the little girl is an ex-espada! (It's been about 2 months since I last read it, so I forget the names). It's actually pretty awesome where I am, I dont know why I stopped reading it. I think that's when One Piece came along ;)

Dont worry, Im always very vague in my descriptions so you can get the pieces, but not the story if that makes sense. Its a good time right now.

I'm up-to-date with Bleach, but it's moving so slowly.
And it took me a minute to realize who you were talking about. But that is way behind! You are missing out on-

Well... The latest chapter has me waiting in anticipation to what comes next. All I can say without spoiling it.

And I see your Naruto, and raise you Claymore.
Left Naruto for some reason right after the Chunin exams.

the sharigan is used wayyyyyyy too much. talk about over exposure. it's become a deus ex machina.

bleach needs to stop talking so much and fight already.

I started reading Vagabond I think, last weekend? Im at number 205 right now and addicted. I love it. Great way to waste time.

MattAY said:
...What?

Dubbing could be a form of torture for me.
There are several reasons for that.

The first is because you watch shitty kids animes where they spend the localization budget on cocaine.

The second is because your moe is lost in translation and you can't get your fair share of "onii-chan"s

The third is because the voices in the dubs aren't supa supa kawaii.

The fourth is because you're a weeaboo. Plain and simple.

As for me, I'm able to respect the work of people like Troy Baker and Johnny Yong Bosch more than most Japanese voice actors. Yuri Lowenthall I can take or leave. Plus, I can take a sip of coke and not miss out on what the fuck they're saying.

I definitely agree that they have gone a bit sharingan happy lately.

Also, on the topic of subbed vs. dubbed: I like both fr different things. I usually like subbed because it let's me semi-practice my japanese. But sometimes I do prefer the acta voices of some of the voice actors in the dubbed ones.

There are other times when I am just more used to the dubbed voices. Like when I first started watching Cowboy Bebop, I was watching the dubbed because that was what was available to me. Now, when I watch subbed Cowboy Bebop, I am like, "wait, who the fuck is talking?"

I hate dubs too.

Mainly because i hate the shitty voice acting the majority of the dubs get, as well as changed music.

Haha, you have a nice little rant there, Longo? All true though.

But maddy has a point, in most dubbed animes, even I could do the voice acting better than them. Sure, in things like Ghibli films where they can splash out on voice actors (fucking Cary Ewles and Kirsten Dunst), it's fine. I watch them in dub and dont want to shoot myself. But most are ridiculously fucking shit.
Also, the moves sound better in Japanese. "Rasengan" sounds much more badass than "Spiral Chakra Sphere!"

You can have your sip of coke now.

Like I said, shitty animes tend to get shitty dubs. You can kill both your birds with one stone and join the glorious race of people who don't all sound exactly the same.

You sound just like one of those "stay away from the mainstream" guys. You know...the really annoying people ;)

I'm gonna watch my good subbed animes now.

Man, you're annoying today. Or it may just be my hangover putting me in a bad mood all day!

It's gotta be the second one. I'm being as annoying as I usually am. Or maybe you just can't take a joke. One of those things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle