Manga Discussion Topic! OHAYOO!! xD xD

MattAY said:
Samurai Champloo is quality, you should watch that. It's good animation, and the fighting is fairly clever too.

I've read the Manga, which was unfortunately two volumes... But that was a while ago.

And oddly enough, it's the manga of the week on MangaFox.

Also, I can't remember, but how stylized is the fighting?

Very! He fuses breakdancing into his swordfighting! It's mature too, no named moves ;) But all the cinematics are awesome, they got a real pro to do the anime.
And when I say it's clever I mostly thought of the fight between Mugen and Umanosuke. He doesn't just end it with a big move, but he uses his opponent's weapon against him.

HK-47 said:
I completely agree with Longo being cool, more so when I accurately guessed the one in small print.
It's a guilty pleasure of mine. It was just :3 enough for me to keep watching it.

Also, Ninja Scroll is awesome. Hell, the opening scene is one of the greatest. My cousin told me about it when I was 12 or so, and that's what made me want to watch it.

My favorite move? I guess this would be it:

http://www.onemanga.com/Worst/83/42-43/

the uppercut from Hana in the manga called Worst. :) I particularly like this one because of the honor between the fighters. It's like watching and old mafioso movie where there is still some pride when the battle. It's also quite realistic ... well, in my opinion. :)

My other favorite manga would be this: Gamble Fish. I really like the tricks the main character uses in order to swindle his opponents and how he uses their own tricks against them. The art style is lovable too. ^^

Favorite character? Tsukishima Hana for sure. :D

MANly anime: Berserk. My favorite show actually.

MANliest anime: Probably Shigirui. Shit is messed up. Hard to watch, hard not to watch.

In general, I've found English graphic novels much more interesting and intriguing than manga. My favorite series (all worth owning): The Sandman, Preacher, and Fables.

Ex Machina and Y: The Last Man are also good reads, among others.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
manly animes? ninja scroll. vampire hunter d. cowboy bebop. trigun. sword of the stranger. death frenzy. demon city. wicked city. those are some of the manly ones out there without emo whiny kids in a school.
Cowboy Bebop!! Woooo! :D
(sorry :p)

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
maus is one of the greatest graphic novels out there. everyone should read it.

Must I buy it to read it, or is there somewhere a link on the great wide web? :)

It's either this or a Christmas topic
2dbkwm9.gif

ahh too late.

Right, so I finished Darker Than Black. Fantastic. I'm considering watching the new season with subs, but frankly I'm a dub guy myself. Especially when they do it right like they did.
Plus, Troy Baker as November 11 was a great match.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle