Manga Discussion Topic! OHAYOO!! xD xD

MattAY

Forum Moderator
Staff member
This has been inspired from Naruto chapter 473...ny new favourite Naruto move is now "DOUBLE LARIAT" performed by Killerbee and Raikage!

Kisame got absolutely owned!

Discus whatever the fuck you want with anime and manga :D

What's your favourite move? Favourite character? Favourite series? Is your favourite anime different to your favourite manga?

Favorite move?
The marking technique Kiba and Akamaru use. It's just so embarrassing to get pissed on, but then they know something big is about to happen. Piss = Game over.
Favorite character?
firecandy03.png

Leo from a demented series called Fire Candy.
Favorite series?
Naruto, Bleach, Jackals, Deadman Wonderland, Highschool of the Dead, Vagabond, Firecandy, Bokurano.
Favorite anime?
Akira.

Haha getting pissed on is sometimes better than getting decapitated like Kisame though!

Another favourite move of mine is Gum Gum Axe by Luffy from One Piece!...epic stuff...couldnt find the video where it lands on Arlong's fcuking head xD! But this will do for how cool it is, I guess :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXoKQAUyvdw

Nice Vagabond shout too, love the fighting in them. It's so detailed, and I love how one fight will last for about 20 chapters!

I can't say I really have favourite moves anymore. Although thinking back to Dragonball my favourite moves have always been Vegeta's Big Bang Attack and Final Flash. The Naruto and Bleach moves can be cool but I can't say that I favour them anymore.

Favourite manga is Fullmetal Alchemist.

I saw the Akira movie when I was a lot younger so didn't really enjoy it as much as I would now. I remember a kid in my class saying the manga was much better, so I think I'm going to check that out in the near future.

I love that Manga does not age as much as anime does. Early Dragonball is really well drawn but looking back at the anime it looks terrible. As long as your a fan of the art style manga will never go out of date.

^Very true.

I hate how the first bunch of Naruto was done. But the manga was written very well.
Manga artists aren't involved in a lot of the anime production though. They just confirm everything that everyone else has done.

the double lariat was hilarious, give ya that. now, if only they'd stop the whiney emo stuff in naurto. so tired of it. i don't care how sakura feels about naurto. just shutup, go kick sasukes lil cry baby ass and fight toby.

as for favorite moves, i just hate that so much. stupid yelling out what attack ya are gonna do before ya do it. that being siad, kenpachi should be the star of bleach. ichigo is only intersting when his hallow takes over. other than that he bores me

StalfrosCC said:
Is Manga anything like Anime?

Gajin Kawii Roundeye?

Manga is graphic novels/comics
Anime is animation/cartoons

Most anime is based on manga, sometimes a manga can be based on an anime but it's not normally a long running manga.

Many anime shows are created early in a manga's life and therefore resemble but don't really reflect the manga. That's normally the case when they do a series that is only a few seasons long. Anime like Dragonball/Z, Naruto, Bleach and One Piece instead just keep running along side (well, running slightly behind) the manga. But since you can tell more in one half an hour ep then you can in one chapter the anime is always closing up so they need to through in filler scenes or even story arcs.

The long powerups in DBZ, the fights that take forever is mostly because of that filler. Goku went super sayian pretty much within one page yet the transformation was given an entire episode almost in the series. Naruto spent a good year in side stories to create a gap and then ruined a bunch of good fights with boring pacing when it finally returned to manga cannon.

In short, manga > anime.

I totally agree. The anime ruins the manga sometimes.

Dont you find it weird that the Itachi VS Sasuke fight isn't longer than the Zabuza fight in the beginning. If they were to milk one fight, I'd want it to the the major Uchiha brothers one!

Can't say I follow too much of either anime or manga, what I have to say may be nothing new to those who follow both. But, from what I've seen of manga print, it's far more dynamic and dramatic than its cartoon counterpart.
I've seen the Naruto manga where Shikamaru is standing in the rain smoking a cigarette, grieving his fallen sensei. Shikamaru hated smoking, though his sensei was rarely seen not smoking.. here he pays tribute to his sensei even though he hates cigarettes. And he's obviously crying, but he's standing in the rain so you can't tell the difference between the tears and rain.
And so you have a tight zoom on Shikamaru in the the last caption and it reads, "I hate these things, the smoke always gets into my eyes."
not for nothing, but that's pretty damn good.

Koala- The whole Sakura thing isn't her really being in love with Naruto -even though she is-. Its her trying to get him to stop everything so he can be safe. At least that's what I got out of it.

And very nice, Eyebrows!

Damn right!
Hinata and Naruto togethAAA!!
Hinata confessed her love for Naruto then took a killing stab from Pain! It's gotta be those two in love now :p

The Death Note manga is worse than the anime, since they insisted on having 108 chapters, so the shitty second half with Near and Mello lasts for fucking ever. They abridge it in the anime.

Also, I don't read manga as I am a baka gaijin. And I don't watch much anime because I'm a man. So instead, I watch what I call MANime, which are the manly anime. Afro Samurai, Death Note, Fist of the North Star, Ouran High School Host Club, and thanks to Chris's suggestion Darker than Black.

Yeah, I'm so cool.

I completely agree with Longo being cool, more so when I accurately guessed the one in small print.

And I'll get back into Naruto eventually.

Samurai Champloo is quality, you should watch that. It's good animation, and the fighting is fairly clever too.

manly animes? ninja scroll. vampire hunter d. cowboy bebop. trigun. sword of the stranger. death frenzy. demon city. wicked city. those are some of the manly ones out there without emo whiny kids in a school.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod