Mah new shoes!

GRColin

Rookie
They are awesome. Yes they are.

Vibram-Five-Fingers-Mens-KSO-Shoes-Grey-Plam.jpg

....if your foot doesn't naturally arch - its near impossible to get it to. But good luck. They look dumb.

UrbanMasque said:
....if your foot doesn't naturally arch - its near impossible to get it to. But good luck. They look dumb.
I've been wearing them for a few hours now and my feet feel great. I feel like I have much more natural movement with my foot and a lot more comfort. They look dumb to you but I kind of like their appearance.

Eyebrows - I'm pretty sure if I'm in a situation where my toes could actually get cut off, I''ll be wearing something else.

And toe socks like that are ugly. And gay. Colours of the rainbow do not a man make.

Little blurb here for you:

Strong evidence shows that thickly cushioned running shoes have done nothing to prevent injury in the 30-odd years since Nike founder Bill Bowerman invented them, researchers say. Some smaller, earlier studies suggest that running in shoes may increase the risk of ankle sprains, plantar fasciitis and other injuries. Runners who wear cheap running shoes have fewer injuries than those wearing expensive trainers. Meanwhile, injuries plague 20 to 80 percent of regular runners every year.

Barefoot running or simulated barefoot running *might* help reduce that.

Lethean said:
Colours of the rainbow do not a man make.
And while you guys are worried about your sexuality, I'm here enjoying a nice bowl of Skittles.

Taste the rainbow.

Also, if I wasn't being clear enough, they look like shoes made for furries. :brow2:

Eyebrowsbv31 said:

"Please note that we present no data on how people should run, whether shoes cause some injuries, or whether barefoot running causes other kinds of injuries. We believe there is a strong need for controlled, prospective studies on these issues."

Like I said, *might* reduce injury. So either way, some injuries are exclusive to barefoot running and injuries can occur in regular running shoes. As for the arch issue...Yay. I have an arch. Notice I'm not preaching anything here really and I used the word might....So I'm not sure what you're trying to convince me of? I don't think barefoot running is 100 percent the way to go. I happen to enjoy the feel I get with these shoes. If I didn't own these I'd be almost as happy with my Asics. Almost.

Hilarious lookin. I actually have some new shoes in the mail as well. Can't wait. Hope they fit.

My mate has those. I think they're used for long outdoor trecks.

He looked like a fool too.

MattAY said:
My mate has those. I think they're used for long outdoor trecks.

He looked like a fool too.

Yeah but he's Australian right? So I mean, a fool there is a sexy fool.

used44 said:
We don't all get our shoes from the clearance rack at Walmart. Get fucked.
I'd just like to point out that shit made my day, and i laughed so hard my lungs were actually sore.

I have DC shoes. They're quite comfortable for people who have wide feet like me. Best part, they're actually lasting over two years. Usually my shoes don't last that long, because my wide feet stretches them. They're a little dirty, but who cares.
Also Lethean, they look like your feet will sweat badly in them.

madster111 said:
used44 said:
We don't all get our shoes from the clearance rack at Walmart. Get fucked.
I'd just like to point out that s*** made my day, and i laughed so hard my lungs were actually sore.

This.

UghRochester said:
I have DC shoes. They're quite comfortable for people who have wide feet like me. Best part, they're actually lasting over two years. Usually my shoes don't last that long, because my wide feet stretches them. They're a little dirty, but who cares./quote]

I've only ever been on a skateboard a handful of times but I always wind up buying those style of shoes cause they are comfy as hell and last forever.

used44 said:
De-Ting said:
Sorry, but, who mail-orders sho--...oh yeah, Alaskans. :p

Who doesn't shop online? We don't all get our shoes from the clearance rack at Walmart. Get fucked.
No but if you're like me, you loot them from the corpses of your fallen enemies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Playnft