Maddy?

MattAY

Forum Moderator
Staff member
You're alive right?....Have you been washed away?

I always pen you down as more of a Queen so that's why I'm asking ;)

My uncle lives near Brisbane, so it's all really close to him. But not really hitting him. He says he's not having problems with the weather either.
But 70 people confirmed missing, 10 dead. Water sucks! It really really sucks!

I saw some cool videos online the other day. One just recording all the cars trundling down the gushing stream. Kinda fun to watch.

I'm on the central coast of NSW, meaning i'm fairly far down from QLD. Even so, we're still getting pretty much constant rain here.
The weather lately has been insane. One minute it's cold and raining, and then - at 9pm - the rain stops and suddenly it hits 30 degrees again.

The rescue effort for QLD is massive at the moment, pretty much everyone from the other states are helping by sending money and whatever else that's needed up there. Some family and friends live around Brisbane, they're not getting it too badly but if the rain patterns we're been getting lately don't ease up soon eventually the flooding will continue and cause big problems for even more people.

All this happens at the same time WA is going through a big drought, meaning while one side of the country is covered in water the other has to conserve it as much as it can just to survive.

The only thing we can be thankful about is that Flooding doesn't cause too many deaths. Yes, 10 people are confirmed dead, but consider the cost of rebuilding all that's been destroyed and you find out the majority of the damage. Billions of dollars of property has been damaged, and -more importantly- millions of dollars of crops and livestock is gone. Even if all goes well and less than 50 people die (which in itself is a tragedy), it will take several years to just rebuild the houses and likely more for the crops. The economy will be damaged for even longer.

Overall though, that sums up Australia. It can be the middle of winter and 40 degrees just to screw with you, or it could be Tassie where it's 10 degrees outside and you'll get massive sunburn if you're not careful. We're used to this sort of thing, hence why we reacted so quickly and efficiently. Considering how many millions of people are being affected by the floods, few have been injured or killed by them.

Shaft said:
or the apocalypse is coming and God hates Australia most.
That's my theory. Maybe all the 2012 believers are correct. After all, birds and fish have been dying all over the world recently.

I have a friend from Brisbane, and puts up photos of the flooding down there on facebook...

It's pretty crazy.

Same, sort of. I heard a little bit about it, but just didn't care much since it's Australia and all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle