Loss of Nostalgia

I've recently been loosing nostalgia in playing games, and i'm wondering if people shared the same experience as I do now, and if people had any suggestion to make me nostalgic about video games again.

Well... what games did you play as a kid? To have "nostalgia" you needed to have a connection with the thing in the first place. Also, you can't manufacture nostalgia.

Like Mkey said, you can't manufacture it.

Nostalgia, is the feeling you get when you suddenly remember playing a certain game when you were a kid.

....okay, maybe "nostalgia" isn't the right word. "interest" or "excitment" is the thing that i'm loosing when playing video games.

Yes I know what you mean. I had that feeling a while ago ( lasted for the last 2 years).

The reasons can be numerous. Unoriginal storyline, same and used mechanic over over and the sensation of déja vu....

Yeah I know what you mean. Some games have been able to wake me from this torpor: Persona 3 and Lost Odyssey....... strange...especially considering Lost Pdyssey which is an old school rpg!

Last time that happened I played Resident Evil 4 and it cleared that up like that. Havn't really had the problem recently but when it does I'm sure there will be some game out there to pike my interest again.

Every time I go nostalgic, I go back and beat any game I have the urge to play better than I ever could.

I understand the felling completely, and I was even talking to a friend of mine. Its because you are playing so many games. With so many good games, it is hard not to play a lot. Take a break, go for a week or two without playing them at all. You will see what I mean.

I get sick of new games on a regular basis (heresy!); I remedy this by playing old games.
Pop-up your emulator or dust off that old machine and remember why you like games in the first place.
Forget about the politics, the drama and the numbers.
Everyone bitching about what system/game is more powerful is really bringing the fun down.

Lentium said:
[....] Forget about the politics, the drama and the numbers.
Everyone bitching about what system/game is more powerful is really bringing the fun down.

Although "drama" expresses this succinctly, I think too much effort goes into transforming gaming from a pastime into a lifestyle (or in some cases, a social movement), and that burns people out to some degree, as well. It seems like consumers are buying the right to be called “hardcoreâ€

I understand completely what you mean about a lose of interest. I lost complete interest in KoToR(blasphemy I know) after I beat it and didn't touch it for almost a year. Then found it one day and had somewhat of a "second-wind" with the game and played the s*** out of it.

oh btw, I have been reading these forums for some time and have just recently decided to register. Soooo... whats up's and high-fives all around! :D

Some weeks ago i sat down and begun to play metal gear solid on the ps1 again. That was pure nostalgia since that was one of my first games. If that doesnt get you in gaming mood, nothing will.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod