Life, the universe, and everything

thetank said:
Do you mean gravity as in the attraction between objects inside the universe?
That's exactly what he means. It makes sense that an attractive force would slow down the expansion of an object (in this case, a giant universe).

Right. I wasn't entirely sure, he may have been referring to gravitational forces between this, and any other theoretical Universes external to this one.

But he wasn't, so it's done.

And taking into account of dark matter, there is more of a gravatational force than should be observed with the ammount of observable matter in the universe. Therefore it appears to be slowing down faster than it should.

I'm out of this one. Theoretical physics, dark matter, the expansion of the universe all goes over my head.

How about we change the subject? I'm not too enlightened on the physics side of it either. I'm a philosopher by nature, and a chemist by trade.

The way I see it, everything is connected. Butterfly effect and all that. So nothing would be an absence of substance. If everything is connected, I wonder how the absence of a part of that would affect everything else.

When I think of nothingness, I strangely feel really relaxed.

So would a vacuum (absence of substance) be nothing? But then you can introduce matter into a vacuum, as such, it raises the question can something exist in nothing?

I don't know. But that's how I envision nothing. as though it's a piece missing from the jigsaw puzzle of our Universe, or whatever.

Gotta say no. At the moment, I'm completely tapped.

Maybe watching a movie about Wong Fei Hung will help.

Hoomfie, I want to see how you'd draw yourself as Sir Hoomfie, Thane of the Belly-Laugh.

Yeah, didn't you know that anything we postulate in this thread has no scientific basis 90% of the time?

This just in! NesMan points out obvious, many say "I don't give a shit"

"Well I was there at the time, and I heard what he said. I thought he must have been drunk or something, cause he was mumbling, and walking sideways.

"I decided to disregard what he'd said, and just kept on with my day."

*BBC reporter voice*

These were the words of thetank today, after notorious psychopath TheNesMan escaped from a local mental institution. Luckily, doctors report he was heavily medicated, and was unable to cause any harm to the public between his escape and recapture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod