Left 4 Dead (Demo)

I didn't find it all that impressive as I did the first game. I guess what I mean is I played the demo to the first one over and over again while I only played the demo to the second once and have no desire to play it a second time through.

While the game appears to be at least as good as the first, I don't think I'll be getting this game until it drops in price.

Hmm...I'm the complete opposite. The first L4D was alright, but for some reason I find L4D2 so much more fun. I can't really describe why yet, I guess it just feels better to me.

I was originally going to get Assassin's Creed 2 on the 17th and wait to pick up L4D2 until Christmas or sometime, but after playing the demo I think I'm going to switch those two around.

I agree with Lantern, I find the second one much more entertaining and the characters much more relatable, from what little I have seen so far. Yet I also agree with The_Big_Cheese on some points. Mainly the atmosphere that was created very well and emphasized strongly in the first game, it just isn't nearly as good in Left 4 Dead 2. Makes for a parody rather than a real successor in my opinion.

I think I will pick this up when the price drops, while secretly hoping one of my friends will buy the 4 player version of steam.

I'm actually going to buy the first L4D a little while after this comes out. I never played it.

I'm with longo. Maybe all of the dickheads will move on to L4D2 and he and I can finally start the old one in relative peace.

I have the PC version pre-loaded. Been playing the demo a lot.

I don't like giving up my pistols for the melee weapons but I'm going to have to force myself to sometimes.

I'm going to go play some more right now.

I've played the demo.

L4D2 is shit.

L4D1, with some maps and weapon mods = L4D2, but with Atmosphere. Ie, better.

Valve has gone so downhill lately it's incredible.
Soon, they'll be making shitty sports games and inventing new anti-piracy prevention which pisses off users, and is illegal.

Gabe already made Half Life 2: Episode 3. But then he got hungry.

So now they're making Half Life 2: Episode 3.

Really? I thought the second one is a lot better. The demo anyways. I don't know why maybe it's all the new stuff. But L4D2 I think is better then the first one.

i already preordered L4D2. it has everything i wanted in the first one that didnt appear in the first one. like More Special Zombies! for a better vs mode. Plus! theres a Mall Map that I cant wait to play.

Sounds said:
i already preordered L4D2. it has everything i wanted in the first one that didnt appear in the first one. like More Special Zombies! for a better vs mode. Plus! theres a Mall Map that I cant wait to play.

Did you even play the demo at all?

You move at the speed of sound, the zombies move just below the speed of light, there are no dark, scary bits at all, and it lags.

It's like they took L4D1, took out everything that makes a zombie game a zombie game, gave you a couple shitty melee weapons that don't do anything apart from kill with 1 shot, and added a few extra guns with the WORST sound effects i have ever heard in my life. Add on to all this some faggot characters you hate the instant you hear them, and the fact that you cannot kill your own team anymore, and we have L4D2.

I am now HAPPY that L4D2 is banned in australia, because it means the moronic fuckheads over at valve will get less money from this pile of shit they call a game.

madster111 said:
Did you even play the demo at all?

You move at the speed of sound, the zombies move just below the speed of light, there are no dark, scary bits at all, and it lags.

It's like they took L4D1, took out everything that makes a zombie game a zombie game, gave you a couple shitty melee weapons that don't do anything apart from kill with 1 shot, and added a few extra guns with the WORST sound effects i have ever heard in my life. Add on to all this some faggot characters you hate the instant you hear them, and the fact that you cannot kill your own team anymore, and we have L4D2.

I am now HAPPY that L4D2 is banned in australia, because it means the moronic fuckheads over at valve will get less money from this pile of s*** they call a game.

Wow....

How can you tell from the demo that "there are no dark, scary bits at all?" You got to play 2/5ths of ONE of the levels...Also, pretty sure you can kill your teammates cause it's happened to me.

Essentially....Over the top post is over the top.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle