Last game you played that actually had a GOOD ending?

Thanks for ruining it for me!

Call of Duty 4 did it for me. Sitting through the credits to be rewarded with high-altitude awesomeness was well worth it. That game s***s on so many others. FPS's anyway.

Diabolus said:
Not counting MGS4.
Dammit.

Do you mean good as in enjoyable or good as in Happy?

Also, someone get rid of that Braid spoiler in the quote? It's blacked out now, so stop that shit!

I think a lot of people hated this ending but I loved it: Prince of Persia (2008). Spoilers, I guess: The part where Elika dies, and the Prince (you) slowly carries her out of the tomb and lays her on the altar. Then Prince just looks around the newly healed kingdom and pounds his fists on the altar then you get control as he brings Elika back to life, even though she didn't want him to. I loved how it was all wordless. There was no explanation needed. Prince pounds the altar and you just know what to do. Then when you bring the darkness of Ahriman back and Elika wakes up she just says "Why?" as they both get engulfed.

Sure it sets it up for a sequel, and that's usually a lame way out, but I just thought it was beautiful and sad.

PS: If anyone wants to hide spoilers just use the but without the quotations. And then just highlight to read. Also, don't quote spoilers because they don't show up hidden in the red quote boxes. Be polite.

First one that came to mind was the original FEAR. SPOILER: Having played through the whole game thinking I killed the crap outta her, only to have her climb into the damned helicopter...arg. Also, the nuke was the coolest thing I had ever seen at the time, even on my old crappy computer. /SPOILER

But latest was HL2: Episode 2. It made me with the 3rd one was out right then to continue the story.

Uncharted had a killer ending. Something about a tough bad guy dying so hopelessly makes me feel all fuzzy inside. :D

I was very satisfied with the ending of NHL 09. It was nice to see me win the scoring race, MVP, and best rookie while hoisting the Stanley Cup and the Conn Smythe (MVP during the playoffs) over my head.

But seriously, The last game I beat was Final Fantasy 12, which was an OK ending. I don't own any new-gen systems, so any game I just beat (or beat again) won't be at all relevant.

Dead Space.

Buy it.

I remember I first heard about it because Ty posted a topic on it. And I saw the video he put up and I was crazily hooked oni it from there onwards.

I was just about to say Dead Space. Spoilers:Here I was, thinking I had just beaten the game and something nice and sappy was about to happen. But I happen to notice a strange shadow behind Isaac...AND THEN HIS DEAD(?) WIFE IS GONNA BITE HIS FACE OFF!!! It was one of the best scares in the entire game!

Also, I really felt all warm and fuzzy during the Sonic Unleashed (360) ending. Go figure.

^^ Haha yeah, I shat a brick at that bit. And I had already shat a lot of bricks during the game anyway! (I'm very jumpy at scary stuff).

Also, I didn't see it before, but I agree with Used, PoP is a cool ending. I makes me really want to buy the sequel :D

Wow! I'm glad people agree with me, but ya Dead Space did have an awesome ending, just when I thought everything was over his psycho necromorph gf comes out of nowhere! I personally thought Fallout 3 would have the best ending at first time I bought it, but me and many others were sorely disappointed, over 200 endings? Yeah right, it was probably the crappiest ending ever (sorry for off-topic half).

^hahaha the variety in Fallout 3's endings is amazing! -You did good stuff and then you died. you did bad stuff, learned your lesson in the end and died. You did good stuff and let someone else die. You did bad stuff, and let someone else die. You did bad stuff and let the computer kill everything. you did good stuff, and let the computer kill everything.-

Really amazing stuff.

Knights of the Old Republic.
It's on the planet before the final confrontation that did it for me. So sad, yet so delightfully evil...
But the final, glorious conclusion as a Dark Side player is still pretty sweet.

Both endings on Force Unleashed were cool I guess, but I just wish they would have gone with one (the cannon one that DOESN'T ruin Darth Vader) instead of letting you play both. The game had a really gripping narrative, that was heavily diminished in the end by them trying to please all of the weirdos that require their games to have "paths" and "multiple endings."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011