Kick-Ass

schimmel said:
Shouldn't this be the other way around?

The comic is more engaging, why have the inferior version last? It's only 8 issues long and seeing the movie after reading the comics would just leave a bad taste in your mouth about the entire story.

Not knocking the film but people generally know that movie adaptations are always worse than the original product. Why not leave on a high note? If the book is better than the film, shouldn't you read the book last?

i read the comic, and yes, while i agree mark millar is a hack, it was still a enjoyable read. plus i always likes john ramita jr.s artwork. the movie though i feel like i will pass on. movie seems like a mix of superbad and kill bill, none of wich i cared for much.

Chris_Crime said:
schimmel said:
Shouldn't this be the other way around?

The comic is more engaging, why have the inferior version last? It's only 8 issues long and seeing the movie after reading the comics would just leave a bad taste in your mouth about the entire story.

Not knocking the film but people generally know that movie adaptations are always worse than the original product. Why not leave on a high note? If the book is better than the film, shouldn't you read the book last?
I have to admit that the book is better. I've finally read it today by the way and you're right. It's better for people to watch the film first, then the book. It's a better experience.
I consider the book the prologue of Mystery Men then a rip-off. And beside, the story of a looser becoming a hero has been already used... Like all the time!

StalfrosCC said:
ok Lien, you are never allowed to give movie advice ever again.
Not a Gerald butler fan, hey? :( And here i was hopping you and i would do a "Chick flick night out" one day...

No, not a Gerard Butler fan... and not a fan of god awful movies.

WickedLiquid, explain why you think Date Night was so awful, other than you didn't get it.

StalfrosCC said:
Because Mark Millar is a hack.

Also, double f*** you because Date Night was awesome. If you didn't like Date Night you haven't ever been married.

I've been married for 3 months and I was like "OMG, I GET THIS".

Date Night was great.

1) Mark Millar licks Goats.
2) As a lonely man, I had no urge to see Date Night. Moreover, I'm sick of Steve Carrel playing the same character in every movie. I thought his performance in Little Miss Sunshine was great, but that was the last thing he did that wasn't the "socially awkward/misplaced protagonist"

I understood the movie stalfros, if i didn't get it, i would've just said that. I'm not married so perhaps i can't relate as well as you can but everyone knows the story of a marriage that's had the adventure and thrill sucked out of it. No, the reason why i didn't like the movie was because it simply wasn't funny, and this is coming from a huge carrel fan. It might be hard for you to figure out, but people can have different tastes than yours and still comprehend a story :p

No, people with different tastes than me usually have poor taste.

I'm an Iconoclast.

Trippy- I think this role would surprise you.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
screw you all. go watch how to train your dragon. best movie evar!!!!!!
You sir, Are my best friend EVAR from now therefor!

Viking+dragons= awesome!

Back on topic. Went and saw this with some friends, it was a decent popcorn movie. It had some hilarious moments and some action moments.

The one thing that I can not forgive is the horrendous music direction. Music should never pull you out of the film and away from what the characters are doing, that's why it's background music. There are a couple times where it's downright distracting.

Saw it yesterday. It started out good-but-not-great then progressed to awesome-but-not-excellent. Humor, great action sequences, plus I always loves me a good revenge tale. Was anybody else reminded of the movie Observe and Report? Both movies portrayed the violent results of power fantasies. Observe and Report is to Kick-Ass as Paul Blart is to Mystery Men (disclaimer: I have not seen Paul Blart or Mystery Men)

Saw it in a mostly-empty matinee, but I bet it would have been fun to watch in a crowded theater with lots of people really getting into it.

I saw it in a fairly packed theater and the guy next to me kept calling shit out during the movie. I swear, it's one thing to talk to your friend in a hushed tone...but that is obnoxious. I told him to shut it.

Yup, I'm a hero.

I remember a certain line from Firefly about the lowest circle of hell being reserved for pedophiles and people who talk during movies.

I saw it tonight and i must agree that it was awesome. I wasn't sure what i was getting into with this movie since i knew nothing about kick ass prior to seeing it. It surprised me in alot of good ways but it did feel a bit long. Critics are calling it kill bill meets superbad and i agree with that statement. Although it's moving like superbad at all, just a good revenge tale with a warped, hilarious sense of humour... and McLovin. Two severed thumbs up!

So many dudes just died like it was nothing in the movie and it was ok. Wtf? Those guys were serial killers, the police should have been looking for them since the first death was reported. Am I the only one that found it fucked up that the town loved these guys?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle