Kick-Ass

that looks like a pretty sweet movie. its got that guy who was in Sex Drive, cant remember his name but anyway,.

^Haha, I recently said to a friend that Never Back Down is this generation's Karate Kid, and that Kick-Ass is this generation's Mystery Men.

Just came back from the theater. All i can say is, that movie stood by it's title and I've grown new founds of respects toward Cage :D

That and was i the only guy who thought that there was a thing between Kick-a** and hit girl? Does that make me creepy for thinking that? Did the directors did that in purpose? Is chris hansen gonna be in my kitchen?

1) Mystery Men is a great movie.
2) Please tell me one of you grognards has actually read Kick-Ass?
3) There is a relationship between Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass, but it isn't sexual at all. Aside from the fact that Kick-Ass is in love with the girl from his class and Hit-Girl is an 11 year old girl with a Hello Kitty backpack, the main bond is the "experience factor".

Hit-Girl has been training her whole life to fight crime; she sees Kick-Ass as a newb that needs to learn and be protected.

Kick-Ass is a kid in high school who sees a fucked up 11 year old that needs to experience life and be protected.

They are trying to protect each other, that is all.

I saw it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Chloe Moretz (Hit-Girl) did a fantastic job and I loved Cage's Big Daddy. I'm with Trippysmurf on this one, the relationship between Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass is more a brother/sister one than anything else. My friend didn't like that Kick-Ass got the girl as he doesn't in the comic.

Chris_Crime said:
I've read it. I suggest you see the movie before picking up the comic.

Shouldn't this be the other way around? Granted, I've done neither, but a movie based on a graphic novel is usually better when you read the novel first. Or the movie brutally murders the novel. One or the other. I know that if I had read LXG before I saw it I'd at least have more of an appreciation for the story instead of it just being a load of crap

I recently got my hands on Kick Ass and am waiting to read them until after. I want to enjoy the simplistic screen play before getting into the comics.

As for Millar...I kinda agree with Stal...there is a reason I never read the series before now.

Am i the only one who thinks this movie has the most retarded title? It's still not as retarded as "saw" but it's almost as bad. Besides the title i still want to see it. I can't be bothered to go see movies on opening weekends anymore because of idiotic people in theaters so i'll catch it in a few weeks. I really hope it's as good as everyone is saying because after date night, clash of the titans and shutter island, i can't take another disappointment.

The title is the name of the main character. It is like saying Spiderman has a stupid title.

Now, is Kick Ass a stupid name for a super hero... that goes without saying.

Because Mark Millar is a hack.

Also, double fuck you because Date Night was awesome. If you didn't like Date Night you haven't ever been married.

I've been married for 3 months and I was like "OMG, I GET THIS".

Date Night was great.

I'm more of a bounty hunter movie guy myself. Marriage? Dude! The break up is worst!

And when Gerald Butler gets the assignment to hunt down his ex, I felt the same thing as he did: Joy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle