It's the 10th, it's the 10th!!!

TheNesMan said:
0.0057746722873476930184212045966391% (yes I am the human calculating machine)

This number could of course be said as 0.006%, which would be alot easier.

Wouldn't it be 0.00577%? I think that's through proper rounding.

Actually... no :) But it's cinda complicated to explain..

You have the numbers 0,04 and and 200 (or what ever two numbers i used).. Those devided is not enough to to give the number 0,00577 because it's very accurate. 0,04 could in theory be 0,03421123266216251 or whatever, as long as after we round up gives the number 0,04.

If we used the full number, lets say 0,03421123266216251, the result would be a whole lot different because of the highe number of fators in the number..

Oh.. I don't even understand what I've just written.. My native language isn't english.

Anyway WHAT-EVER (as they say in Bring It On One & Two).. Just spamming i guess..

^ But there really isn't a good reason to be using procents when they're that complex. If you simply said that everyone has a 1/17317 chance of winning it could be more easily understood + it would be entirely exact...

Everyone seems ravenous when it comes to winning games. I think the winners should be sent something crap. Give them a Red Hurley CD. The Horror!

zpeakerz said:
TheNesMan said:
0.0057746722873476930184212045966391% (yes I am the human calculating machine)

This number could of course be said as 0.006%, which would be alot easier.

Wouldn't it be 0.00577%? I think that's through proper rounding.

Actually... no :) But it's cinda complicated to explain..

You have the numbers 0,04 and and 200 (or what ever two numbers i used).. Those devided is not enough to to give the number 0,00577 because it's very accurate. 0,04 could in theory be 0,03421123266216251 or whatever, as long as after we round up gives the number 0,04.

If we used the full number, lets say 0,03421123266216251, the result would be a whole lot different because of the highe number of fators in the number..

Oh.. I don't even understand what I've just written.. My native language isn't english.

Anyway WHAT-EVER (as they say in Bring It On One & Two).. Just spamming i guess..
Actually i'm right, sorry. I was using the rounding that i'm supposed to use in chemistry and physics. Sig figs it's called in short form.

Hellfire1014 said:
How about a active forum member "secret" giveaway that only us active members with 100+ post will know about? :roll:
Thats a really good idea. Stop all those no-posters from poking around.

JCD said:
Everyone seems ravenous when it comes to winning games. I think the winners should be sent something crap. Give them a Red Hurley CD. The Horror!

Dude, you haven't seen what's in those boxes.

JCD said:
Hellfire1014 said:
How about a active forum member "secret" giveaway that only us active members with 100+ post will know about? :roll:
Thats a really good idea. Stop all those no-posters from poking around.

Just because they don't post doesn't mean they're not active. Blogs, reviews, journals, all that kind of stuff is still accessable to them without having to post on the forums. I myself didn't visit the forum until a good year or more of visiting the rest of the site. And even then I spend a good six months lurking on the forums.

trust_no_one said:
Just because they don't post doesn't mean they're not active. Blogs, reviews, journals, all that kind of stuff is still accessable to them without having to post on the forums. I myself didn't visit the forum until a good year or more of visiting the rest of the site. And even then I spend a good six months lurking on the forums.

You have a point, but I wouldn't expect the entire forum to be restricted. Just one little itty bitty niché for the active posters. Where else could world domination be discussed?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle