I'm trying my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but they were at IGN in the first place.
I know you had good intentions, and you're a good poster yourself, but I'm fairly certain us GR'ers would be pretty angry if we got taken over by hordes of IGN quids.

keepithowitis said:
Yeah, but they were at IGN in the first place.
I know you had good intentions, and you're a good poster yourself, but I'm fairly certain us GR'ers would be pretty angry if we got taken over by hordes of IGN quids.

But I only posted a link to one board. And there are only a few dozen regular(as in daily) posters there.

Diabolus said:
Longo_2_guns said:
IGN sucks.

That's all there is to it.

Which is why I'm trying to get people to come here. Simple, if you think about it.
The people are much of what makes the site. Part of why this place is good is because the people are good, and the same goes for IGN. Part of why it sucks is because the people suck.

Sure your intentions are good, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And mimes.

I think what we should do is to send invites to people we think could handle the pure win of GR, that way we bolster our numbers a little bit, and we don't have a huge load of spammers and retards at our door.

Longo_2_guns said:
Diabolus said:
Longo_2_guns said:
IGN sucks.

That's all there is to it.

Which is why I'm trying to get people to come here. Simple, if you think about it.
The people are much of what makes the site. Part of why this place is good is because the people are good, and the same goes for IGN. Part of why it sucks is because the people suck.

Sure your intentions are good, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And mimes.

The people don't all suck. I'm from there, and people haven't chased me away yet. But yes, the majority of people there suck. Just saying that you'll find a few gold nuggets in a dung pile.

You want to know how I got 19,000 posts? Count my posts in this thread. :p

Yeah, I was about to say that, about the post counts.
If every topic is updated this quickly (within minutes) I can see where you get your 20K posts. But srsly, we don't wanna usurp Nesman's title over here.

Longo_2_guns said:
I know how you got 19,000 posts. I just don't understand why.

Same reason you post here. I know everyone(at least I did for a while.) I was actually made the first 'Supreme Grand Master' of the PS3 board, as a result of a poll. Which is hilarious.

There have been like 5 other SGMs since then.

Diabolus said:
madster111 said:
Now would be a REAL good time to implement that basic, mandatory IQ / Grammar test i keep talking about.

But I like having you around. :(

I'm willing to bet that i will average out above the majority of IGNers, meaning i should be able to stay.

After all, how smart and literate can 10 year olds be?

Ive been a long time viewer of the GR website, way before I actually thought of signing onto the forums. I may not post a lot but I do troll around reading a lot of topics (will admit a lilttle intimidated to post at times because of how clost knit the peoples are around here).

To me it makes no sense to flood a forum with new members (no matter what shithole website they come from) because all that will do is water down the content and make it pretty much meaningless to even troll to see whats new in gaming.

If I have a question and post it here, I would rather wait 2 hours for a response than have 27 idiots spam 2 word responses within 45 seconds.

I would welcome any IGNer here as long as they completely understood that this community is tightly knit and it takes some time getting in with us. If they showed up and were friendly and respectful I would be happy. If they showed up and were the same level of douchebaggery that they are on IGN, then they can go back to Rupert Murdoch's forums.

And Daddio, don't be scared. You're cool from the posts I've read.

What I feel should be the real focus of this topic is: if you enjoy another forum/message board, then do so. Just don't try to bring that trash round here.

Daddio said:
(will admit a lilttle intimidated to post at times because of how clost knit the peoples are around here).

Yeah I also feel like this - GR is a very unique site.

Don't ever feel intimidated by the group here. I never did when I first joined, and that is the key really.

Just jump right in like you have been, and all will be well.

As for the IGN people coming here....I am sure some people who have joined the forums recently are a part of that crowd, or just guys and gals who stumbled upon our little corner of the internets. Either way, I don't mind people coming in, because that is how our own community grows if you ask me. If we didn't let myself, JCD, Mattay, Miak, TheTank, Diesal, Daddio, Koala, or GGT in how would it look? Even guys who become jerks or act like jerks like ZankerH, they are few and far between and don't last that long.

Let the people in, and it will weed itself out in the end.

IGN stands for Instant Gooch Nibblers. And that's how I feel about them!

Good at reviewing games though.

^ Agreed. Aside from their history of getting paid off to overhype games, they are also notorious for not having a uniform grading system, where on certain games you will have one of their reviewers put a feature as a positive, while another put it as a negative, and both scores will be lower than their review of Imagine: Party Babies.

oh it's not really that bad of a deal if some ign child molesting scrubs come here. after all, if we dislike them, we'll just ridicule them and make em leave by being dicks to em. sides, phedo's don't like it when we grow hair down there, so we are all fine. cept for mattay. he'll be passed around like the kool aid at the jim jones cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod