I'm making a YouTube channel - oh God

Awesome video!!!

The quality is great! When you switch to the on screen content use the mic you used for the camera or get a pop-filter for the desktop mic you're using.

raxxess_pomt.jpg

or you can make one out of a hanger and panty hose.. it does work

2enq3df.jpg

Sick insight into your process dude!@!@ and really entertaining, and very welcoming personality... for an aussie.

Yup! I know, I need a pop filter for the microphone.

The microphone I used for the camera was a lapel microphone, but I didn't wear it, I had it nearby. The microphone I used for the recording was the same lapel microphone, but plugged into my computer instead of the camera. I don't know why the quality changed so much, but yeah, I know I need to look into buying a new microphone with a pop filter, I also know I need some better lighting equipment to improve the overall picture quality of the video. My default bed room lights aren't exactly cutting edge.

I appreciate everyone's kind and positive feedback. I'm glad you all like it so far, thank you guys. :)

Craig that was top! I think others would be interested in this - especially those who read your comics on the front page. I reckon speak to GR to see if they'll post these videos of yours a couple of days after you post your actual comics?!

Of course, that would mean you'd have to do this for each comic :p

That's a heavy commitment. I plan on recording comics every now and then, but not all of them! We'll see about another one sometime, but I'd like to speak to the GR staff and see if they'd be happy to link it... maybe? :p

I like how you utilized those high-resolution textures and lighting enhancements; they really do breathe a bit of life into the comics, although, the drawings themselves give your comics the most character. I enjoyed the video, man!

Thanks, StudioTan! Glad you like it. :)

I've been experimenting with textures for a while now and I really dig it. I don't always use them, it just depends on the comic and the detail I want. The same goes with the lighting. I agree, it really adds a bit more life and depth to the comics.

Thanks again. :)

I uploaded a time lapse video of myself drawing a cartoony version of Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid. This is the same video that's used in my intro sequence, but I decided to do an independent time lapse video of this one. The drawing in reality took under half an hour, but this has been sped up to be just over two minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0FaF0vHCzE

If anyone's curious, the orchestrated music has been licensed (paid for) from VideoCoPilot.net

That's awesome, man. That really means a lot to me, thank you. :)

Well... you may not have those tools at your disposal yet, but at least you enjoyed the video. :)

I have an idea that I'd like to run past you guys and get your input on.

For my YouTube channel, I want to incorporate a little more variety in my videos, instead of just drawing tutorials and such. I'm thinking about a "Story Time" video. The idea has been done before, but I want to try it too.

The idea is that I sit down with someone with the microphone and I tell them a real story of something that's happened, usually a "now funny" story that involves me and at the time was bad and embarrassing. The person (or people) I sit with have never heard my story before, so not only do I record myself, but I also record them, and their reactions.

Once I have the audio, I'll use black and white cartoons (maybe colour, but that'll take a lot of time) to help visually tell my story. So there's no video, it's just still drawing cartoons, plus our audio and maybe some background music.

So what do you guys think? Would you be interested in watching/listening to my embarrassing stories, accompanied by some still cartoons? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo