I'm making a YouTube channel - oh God

Master_Craig

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys.

I've talked about how I'd like to start my own YouTube channel. I want to make a channel to do with drawing mostly, digital drawing, cartooning, instructional videos, tutorials, techniques etc. Well, I procrastinate, a lot, so to get my arse into gear I followed my friend's advice on "just do it". My friend isn't Shia Lebouf by the way, but that'd be cool.

Anyway. I spent all afternoon making this thirty second video intro, which I will be using for my videos. I'm planning to do my first video next weekend. The video is "unlisted", meaning it isn't available publicly by normal means and the only way to watch it is via a provided link. I done this because well, I want to share it with you guys.

Check it out and lemme know what you think. :)

https://youtu.be/B1_V0tijbiM

Awesome that you're doing this.

Not awesome that the intro is thirty seconds. Honestly, the video itself is great, and It would be fine as the channel trailer, or the intro to the channel trailer, pero es no bueno para cada video. I get agitated when a YouTube video has any more than a 10-second intro. Yours does have a lot going on though, so having it a little bit longer would be forgivable, but thirty seconds is still too much.

I'd suggest that as an intro to every video you just use the Reckless Abandon splash, then jump it straight to 0:27 with Snake panning behind the title. Maybe extend that part a little and find a nice section of music that fits.

Thanks for commenting man, I'm glad you like the video. I appreciate your feedback and thanks for putting together a rough example video, it means a lot.

I agree. That's been the feedback and critique I've received the most, that it's too long. So... I'm going to develop a ten second version that includes the RA logo.

I'll keep that long video and use it as a channel trailer, I like the sound of that.

Thanks for the info, De-Ting, and for sorting out a draft for me that I can work with. :)

My pleasure.

It might also be a good idea to mix up what drawing of yours pans during the intro. Show off your favorites.

I agree, that's a good idea.

Sometime this week, I'll be working on a shorter version of this intro, aiming for about five to ten seconds in length. I'll be using my original video as a channel trailer/promotion video, basically.

I have the screen captured recording of myself drawing that Solid Snake cartoon, so I might turn that into its own video, maybe.

Also, this isn't my actual YouTube channel. I have another YouTube channel under the name "RecklessAbandonMedia", but there's nothing on it yet.

Insta-subbed! I love instructional drawing/ painting channels. I like to watch old Bob Ross episodes on YouTube. I also subscribe to Shoo Rayner's channel: a children's author and illustrator who does a lot of instructional videos. Good luck with your endeavors, Craig! I look forward to your videos.

I love the intro dude!

Are you going to be narrating your stuff? I'd love to know about the GR collaborative back and forth. Could you do an episode about a GR strip - from Concept/inspiration to production to delivery!?

Nice Craig! SUBBED!

And I look forward to your vids.

Remember that TITANIUM HWITE!

UrbanMasque said:
I love the intro dude!

Are you going to be narrating your stuff? I'd love to know about the GR collaborative back and forth. Could you do an episode about a GR strip - from Concept/inspiration to production to delivery!?

Thanks man, I appreciate it! :) Glad you like it!

As for the intro, I'll probably have to cut it very short. A lot of feedback I'm receiving from others is that it's too long. I'll need to make a five to ten second version. As for this particular video, I'll be using it as a promo/trailer video, so it's very much still usable. Despite the criticism of it being too long, everyone seems to like it so far, so I'm happy they enjoy it.

As for narrating - that's right. My plan is to record myself live with a video camera, talking into a microphone, that's how I'll introduce every video. Then using Open Broadcasting Software, I'll record myself drawing on the computer, narrating what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. I may also do a bit of cutting back and forth between filming myself draw, to what my PC is recording with OBS, if that makes sense.

My plan is to make a series of videos (once a week at best I hope) that give quick lessons on digital drawing techniques. My first video is going to be about line art or digital inking, as well as why you should draw in high resolution, and a little bit of layer work.

Regarding GR Strips, absolutely! I'll be recording myself work on a GR Strips sometime, however it will not be in "real time", it'll be sped up just like my Solid Snake cartoon. The reason for this is because GR Strips can be a lengthy process. Depending on the comic and the detail involved, GR Strips can take anywhere from an hour, to four hours. Narration will be included as well. I may get my brother in on it too because honestly - he helps me out with a lot of the comics as he's a very talented writer. I should have done it a long time ago, but I've started to include his name on the most recent GR Strips. If I could, I'd update all the comics he's helped me work on but honestly, I dunno if the GR staff would be up for the task of updating said comics, and I don't blame them either. :)

MattAY said:
Nice Craig! SUBBED!

And I look forward to your vids.

Remember that TITANIUM HWITE!

Thanks MattAY! Glad you like 'em too! :)

I really appreciate the positive, motivating comments and I appreciate everyone subscribing to my works... but the link I provided isn't my "official" YouTube. However, once I get the first official video up and running, I'll upload it to YouTube and link it to you all right away. Again, thanks so much. It means a lto to me. :)

Thanks man.

I guess we are, huh? What's everyone's YouTube channels about? At the moment, mine hopes to be about art and stuff.

meh, just a place to house my stream archives.. Creating well produced video content is HARD and I respect you guys for doing it.

*Tips hat*

Thanks guys. :)

I'm planning on making the first video this coming Sunday. I'll submit a link here as soon as its uploaded.

ignicon6.gif

Ohhhhh you said he's not Shia....

Looking forward to your first video.

My first YouTube video is done. With this week's GR Strips, I recorded myself drawing the comic, sped it up and narrated over the top of it. All up it goes for about seven minutes or so as I go through the briefly go over the process of the comic from start to finish.

I was really nervous in front of the camera, I look horrible and the lighting wasn't very good. I need to buy a lighting kit if I'm going to keep doing this.

Hope you all like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5xSZ0d ... e=youtu.be

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo