If it wasn't for videogames, this whole family would....

This story sounds pretty similar to what happened my family's house in 1996. My older brother and I snuck downstairs to play Mortal Kombat. I remember asking him if he smelled smoke and he shook his head. I looked over and there it was coming in like cops surrounding the president. We woke our parents up and got the f*ck out of there.

Our local news station was there and called us heroes, but the truth is we weren't' heroes at all. My brother apparently is the one who started the fire, but the fire marshal said it was caused by electrical.

I say the kid was lucky he was up playing Xbox at 4 AM.

Although I got to ask, why did you let your six year old stay up so late? Did they even know he was awake?

^Presidents day. No school. You'd make your child go to bed?!

Thats part of the awesomeness of vacation days.

I've detected two water-related disasters early at my house, because I have insomnia. I would have detected a third if I had just stayed awake an hour longer.

I wouldn't sneak awake until I was much older. At 6 I was probably waking up at 4am to get an early start on vids.

UrbanMasque said:
^Presidents day. No school. You'd make your child go to bed?!

Thats part of the awesomeness of vacation days.

When hes six, id check yeah. I don't mind the no school part, but 4 AM? That throws me off completely.

But good for that kid though,s aving lives.

intoTheRain said:
it says in the article it started in the attic.
Yeah, and it says on our report it was a electrical fire, but it was really my brother who lit a coat on fire and through it in the basement.

"That's my tater-bug" Grandma of this poor sap.

Now I am not a fan of nicknames to begin with, but this one is just low. She's comparing her grandson to an insect that consumes crops from the inside out, reproduces rapidly, and can ruin a harvest in days...

UghRochester said:
intoTheRain said:
it says in the article it started in the attic.
Yeah, and it says on our report it was a electrical fire, but it was really my brother who lit a coat on fire and through it in the basement.

The more you talk about your brother the more outstanding he sounds.

LinksOcarina said:
I say the kid was lucky he was up playing Xbox at 4 AM.

Although I got to ask, why did you let your six year old stay up so late? Did they even know he was awake?

You never snuck out of bed as a kid and stayed up until the ass crack of dawn? I sure did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle