If GR doesnt give MGS4 an -A....

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by lokness, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Astaroth001

Astaroth001 Rookie

Do better than that?...well...first i think is kinda stupid to compare games that are THAT different, is like saying Mario is better than Grand Turismo or Silent Hill, according to some websites and magazines IT DID THAT GOOD, if you didnt like it that much is another story, a lot of reviewers for example gave Halo great comments, but here on the GR forums not everybody was 100% pleased with the game and in other places as well, you kinda sound like of the 360 user that says crap about it cause Is not 360, and according to Kojima it will NEVER BE

2. druglord

druglord Novice

I guess I must stand out a bit....
    Well, I'm a BIG MGS fan, Since the beginning.
    The story, the plot, gameplay, etc. All usually great. But all games have faults.
    I mean, leaving a website just because what they think of it doesn't mean Sh*t.
    If you like it, who cares! If they reviewer hates/loves it, who cares?
    ( Besides the people who don't have the game.)

If you love that game that much, you shouldn't care what others think. :wink:

As for myself, I'm hopin' and prayin' that it will come out for the 360.
    If not, always got Resident evil 5 to look forward to. =/

3. druglord

druglord Novice

Damn. You're really are a fanboy.
    From what I can tell......you're a ps3 user. You got sh*t compared to Xbox live.
    Muahahaha!
    I win. xD

4. Squiggy

Squiggy Regular

I'm willing to bet that GR's review of Metal Gear Solid 4 will be among the most accurate on the internet, simply because they look at the game without a bias.

Now, I don't have a PS3, thus I don't have MGS4. I have heard it is a really good game, but nobody can say a game is truly perfect. My favorite game ever is to this day Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but even that game, in my eyes a masterpiece, is not without its flaws. No game is perfect.

And it's pretty stupid to stop visiting this site entirely just because you disagree with one review. So? Everybody has their disagreements. The reviews here, and on any game site, are not solid fact. They are opinions, and it's stupid to leave a site simply over one opinion.

(the following is a hypothetical situation, so don't disregard it with actual facts about your friendships)
    If your Best friend comes up to you and says Metal Gear Solid 4 is okay, but not his/her cup of tea, would you end your friendship with him/her and never speak again? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't. So why leave a site just because you might disagree with but one opinion?

5. madster111

madster111 Rookie

fanboy.

6. Eyebrowsbv31

Eyebrowsbv31 Rookie

fix'd.

7. madster111

madster111 Rookie

fixed your fixed.

8. Astaroth001

Astaroth001 Rookie

Is funny how you talk about fanboyism when: "you got sh*t compared to xbox live"

1.-I'm a MGS fan
    2.-I dont have a PS3...nor do I have a 360
    3.-Face it man, what I said is the truth about Halo, and is not the only game, Mass Effect didnt do good in all places, as other PS3 tittle didnt good either like Haze or that dragon game....
    4.- Are you one of the 360 user i said?...

9. Trippysmurf

Trippysmurf Rookie

Okay, all this pot calling the kettle Fanboy shit has to stop. We are all fanboys of something or other. If you've never nerd raged over a comment misjudging or critiquing something you love, then you have no right to speak up in this thread.

Also, while I loved MGS4, and am a MGS fanboy, I openly admit this game isn't perfect. It may be as close to perfect as a game can get, but it isn't without its flaws. I do not expect GR to give it an A+, but in either case, I won't leave this site due to a single grade. That's just foolish and petty.

10. shandog137

shandog137 Novice

It'll get an A to some varying degree, A-, A, or A+. Regardless of the degree of the A this is the best title on PS3 yet so the review is irrelevant everyone knows it's a great game just to varying degree probably due to the extensive cutscenes which I fell asleep through more than once.

11. druglord

druglord Novice

Well, little off-topic.
    But xbox live is better online communty then what playstation has. It's a fact.
    Has nothing to do with fanboyism.

12. bigdrew

bigdrew Rookie

haha you said nerd raged. I never post on here but that cracked me up. BTW you are right

13. madster111

madster111 Rookie

thats more or less obvious, and IMHO it's worth every cent.

i had another play at my friends house, and i gotta say..it's a fairly good game.
    i believe it deserves an A-, but who knows..maybe it'll get the GTA IV treatment and get an A.

14. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, the difference is that GTA4 was a great game that removed a lot of the stuff that they had in earlier games in the series, while MGS4 added a shitload of stuff that wasn't in earlier games.

15. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

IN defence of GTAIV, yeah, they removed a lot of the stuff that was in the previous games (planes, skydiving, jetpacks, RC cars, etc.) but it was mostly in an effort to make it a more realistic and better game. I don't think it was a case of "lost in translation" where a developer can't fully realize its game's sequel when it transitions to the new generation of consoles (see: Madden, or any EA sports game).

16. madster111

madster111 Rookie

they removed car modding, building ownership, helicopters (wheres the variety?!!??!), and all the stuff you talked about.
    it was lucky to get an A-, as i think MGS4 will be.
    sure, MGS4 is a good game - i have already said that, but it's not a great game and thus i think deserves an A-.

17. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Madster, you played the game for two or three hours, which means you didn't get the full experience in there. Acts 4 and 5 are enough to make the game A worthy. Not quite A+, it has flaws, but still.

18. lokness

lokness Rookie

No game can get the A+ ranking here, or did that change?

19. madster111

madster111 Rookie

until someone makes a game with no flaws, and is on some sort of super advanced console with no flaws and 1900p HD graphics, i highly doubt anything will get an A+

Longo;
    2-3 hours should be enough to judge a game based on how it plays.

20. lokness

lokness Rookie

Where is the GR review?