Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3/ 360 Beater

• Wii (sales) beater

• Would be alright I gueeessss

• Total voters
Sega went and popped a miracle into our laps in the form of a next-gen Dreamcast reincarnation. I was just wondering what on earth you think would happen to the console situation at the moment. Im pretty sure it would make some good sales of old DC fans, I would certainly buy one. (and then desperately hope for a second Jet Set Radio with all my might) Im pretty sure if they pulled it out with some good marketing and a decent price aswell they could pull something insane off. :D Anyway, dont bother me with "oh its never gonna happen anyway so it doesnt matter" crap, I just wanna see you use your imagination on this one. :)

I would think it would flop.
It's sad because I love, love, love my Dreamcast, but with the way things are now, I don't think Sega could nudge its way back. The market seems saturated already with 3 big console developers. Sega was already strugglingto keep up during the PSX and N64 days. Microsoft sealed Sega's coffin when it nudged its way in. There is no plausible way in my mind that Sega could come back in these conditions. Sony is a huge multimedia powerhouse and so is Microsoft while Nintendo is the crafty veteran. Sega could not compete.

Besides, Sega's big mascot, Sonic, has been spending the past few years making a fool of himself and earning subpar sales. I don't think there would be so much hype for a new Sega console.

i would love to see a truly next gen system geared towards 2-d weather it was made by sega or another company altogether. If sega were to do this they could grab a good portion of the market and they have the experience to do it

It's truly sad, but I agree with FTG completely. Currently, the console, no matter how incredible, would be completely flattened by the other three.

After their recent efforts in the videogame world I'm not sure I'd even trust Sega to make a good console any more...

Big ol' Flop.

I don't think any new company is going to be able to break into the market ever again. At least not for a very very long time. And they would have to have some really novel ideas/gimmicks and LOTS of money.

Maybe if Sega partnered with Apple or something.

Oscihedgehog said:
I would certainly buy one. (and then desperately hope for a second Jet Set Radio with all my might))
There was a second JSR, it was called Jet Set Radio Future for the original Xbox. It was awesome.

I chose the first one...Cause well, it would...

And am I the only one who thought the Dreamcast wasn't all that great anyways? It was by far my least played console I have ever owned...

didnt it try it a few generations ago with the Dreamcast?...and you know, that went so well.:p

Would love to see it but then again Sega has been losing money and ground since Saturn. And the mediocre games they've been producing (except for a few gems) are not exactly helping the situation. For them to start introducing a console where 3 are already in the market is highly unlikely.

On the other hand, Sega did what Nintendon't (genius) and the the consoles hold a very special place in heart. If they ever decide to enter the console race again, count me in! Spin-dashes? ninja turtles? a kid on skates handing brutes asses with an robotic old man at his side? Win!

The Dreamcast failed because of the release of the PS2. This new system will fail because the PS3 and 360 have quite amazing libraries already. One system released too early, the other too late. Oh Sega, when will you get it right?

Rakon said:
The Dreamcast failed because of the release of the PS2. This new system will fail because the PS3 and 360 have quite amazing libraries already. One system released too early, the other too late. Oh Sega, when will you get it right?
Does this make you really good or really bad at imagining? :?

Big ol' flop.

They can't even treat their mascot with quality games (Sonic: Unleashed *cough* *COUGH*). So I don't think that making a new console would be the logical step. Besides, as everyone else pointed out: 3 consoles rule the market these days, even if succesful, the Dreamcast 2 would have a really, really hard time. :)

Jet Set Radio future was probably the best game on the original Xbox? Yeah, quite probably. If anyone wants to send me a free copy...

How the...

How in gods name did Jet Set Radio Future manage to slip past my highly attuned JSR senses?! Bugger. Now I need to own me and xbox and that game.

JCD said:
Jet Set Radio future was probably the best game on the original Xbox? Yeah, quite probably. If anyone wants to send me a free copy...

you pay for shipping and handeling your more then welcome to barrow my copy, but it is pretty cheap on the ebays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod