If GR doesnt give MGS4 an -A....

lokness

Rookie
I swear i will never visit this site EVER AGAIN

I just finished the game, and boy, its incredible. its just sex. It at least deserves a 9 - it is that good!

So GR editors i hope your reading this, if you s**t on MGS4 i will never come here again!

lokness said:

I just finished the game, and boy, its incredible. its just sex. It at least deserves a 9 - it is that good!

So GR editors i hope your reading this, if you s**t on MGS4 i will never come here again!
have a bloody cry.
It's not THAT good, i've played it..
it deserves a B - B+ in my books, but to keep the storm out i think GR will give it the GTA IV treatment

Yes it is That good. It is nothing short of amazing.

madster:
Did you even play it to completion? Or did you swing by your mates and touch the controller and then come here to say that you played it? Did you play the originals? Did you like the originals? Do you even understand the story? From what i can tell, you never even played the previous titles.

This game is just incredible, it is probably the best gaming experience i have had in a very long time. Kojima is the shit.

Fanboys! CHAAAAARGE!!
I gave up on MGS around the time I was told that all the puppet strings were being pulled by a mysterious organization referred to as "the la-li-lu-le-lo" or whatever it is. Plus i prefer to play my games rather than watch them.

Instead of never visiting the site again, why not learn to respect the opinions of others and come to terms with the fact that GR giving it a bad review will not in any way affect your experience with the game? Seems rather obvious to me.

lokness said:
Yes it is That good. It is nothing short of amazing.

madster:
Did you even play it to completion? Or did you swing by your mates and touch the controller and then come here to say that you played it? Did you play the originals? Did you like the originals? Do you even understand the story? From what i can tell, you never even played the previous titles.

This game is just incredible, it is probably the best gaming experience i have had in a very long time. Kojima is the s***.
BWAHAHA!
omg, you're delirious!

i played it for about an hour & a half, went around killing people mainly..
i have played a few of the other titles when i was a young one, and never really 'got' the story.

it's good, but IMH opinion, trying to keep my fanboy-ism out, Mass Effects story was better, as was the overall gameplay (note - MGS4 has nothing on end-game lesbian sex scenes, and the ability to decide the fate of the entire population of the galaxy.)..and it's only a SINGLE title, not an entire series.
get over it, sure it's a good game, but if GTA IV got an A-, how the hell do you expect MGS4 to do any better?
from what i can tell, MGS4 and GTA IV are around equal in my books, and as much as i admit MGS4 is a good game, it's NOT that good.

JCD said:
Instead of never visiting the site again, why not learn to respect the opinions of others and come to terms with the fact that GR giving it a bad review will not in any way affect your experience with the game? Seems rather obvious to me.

Sure, i could do that, but i will lose all respect for GR if it gives MGS4 less then what it truly deserves.

madster111 said:
BWAHAHA!
omg, you're delirious!

i played it for about an hour & a half, went around killing people mainly..
i have played a few of the other titles when i was a young one, and never really 'got' the story.

it's good, but IMH opinion, trying to keep my fanboy-ism out, Mass Effects story was better, as was the overall gameplay (note - MGS4 has nothing on end-game lesbian sex scenes, and the ability to decide the fate of the entire population of the galaxy.)..and it's only a SINGLE title, not an entire series.
get over it, sure it's a good game, but if GTA IV got an A-, how the hell do you expect MGS4 to do any better?
from what i can tell, MGS4 and GTA IV are around equal in my books, and as much as i admit MGS4 is a good game, it's NOT that good.

Well there you go, you only played a fraction of the game and never got the story - i think that says enough.

I agree that it deserves a high score, but abandoning the site is a little extreme don't ya think? I can deal with that fact that other people have different opinions on things, and I've also come to terms with that fact that GR will almost always be harder on games than other sites...and I wouldn't want it any other way.

However, if GTA IV even comes close to touching MGS4 for game of the year, I will murder whoever makes that decision in their sleep.

BigZell2020 said:
However, if GTA IV even comes close to touching MGS4 for game of the year, I will murder whoever makes that decision in their sleep.

I wholeheartedly agree.

lokness said:
BigZell2020 said:

I wholeheartedly agree.
i must admit that i agree with you one atleast ONE issue.

as for your post about the story:
i never played through any other Halo games before i got H3 (note - i played them a fair bit though ;) ), yet i enjoyed that game (while it was only us aussies playing, so there was no lag..)

Knowing GR, they'll give it a B+ or an A-.
And every game has it's flaws, including this one. Besides, anything higher than a B on GR isn't something to whine over.

Yes it is! because this game is nothing short of incredible. It deserves every praise it gets and shitting on it just to be different (im looking at you edge/euro gamer) is just poor taste.

Gosh, i just finished it today and i want to go back and play it again! WHATS WRONG WITH ME?! No other game has made me fell so emotional other than this very title. All the characters fell alive and you really fell that sense of nostalgia when you go back...well i wont spoil it, but you go back...And the music. Man, the musical score here is magnificent. it is just blows you away.

To me, the downside for this gameare:
X for accept? Since when? I was so used to previous titles i kept going back and forth through menus because i always mistook Circle for accepting.

Codec sequences. You cant save through the codec like you used to, and the look and feel of it has changed. Not only this, but they got rid of the long codec conversations.

Bosses. Although they were fun to fight, i thought the design choice was pretty sub par. They just didnt feel that bad ass.

lokness said:

The fact that PS3 owners waited 3 years for a game you finished in 2 to 3 days means MSG4 isn't worth an A. Game needs more length than that.

lokness said:
JCD said:

Sure, i could do that, but i will lose all respect for GR if it gives MGS4 less then what it truly deserves.

What one deserves is usually in the eye of the beholder. Don't expect everyone to believe in what you believe.

That being said, I am anticipating an A- for the game anyway. So I will be surprised if it is shorter.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
lokness said:

The fact that PS3 owners waited 3 years for a game you finished in 2 to 3 days means MSG4 isn't worth an A. Game needs more length than that.

I got the game on thursday, so yes 3 days. 18 and a half hours of gameplay/cutscenes., which is pretty long for this generation of games if you think about it. I would have liked for it to be a bit longer but when you look back on it, so much effort has gone into this title that its no surprise it took this long.

LinksOcarina said:
What one deserves is usually in the eye of the beholder. Don't expect everyone to believe in what you believe.

That being said, I am anticipating an A- for the game anyway. So I will be surprised if it is shorter

I understand at what you're getting at, but honestly i cant see why this game should get anything less then an -A. I kid you not, this game is just so awesome, its one of the best games i have played in a long time. GTA was great, it was fun but its no GOTY. If GTA takes GOTY over MGS4, i will slit my wrist.

But who is to say GTA will even be in the running for game of the year.

The year is not over yet, and there are some big releases coming soon. Spore comes to mind for myself. All I can say is to not worry about it too much. We know it will be at least a B+, there is no way it will be lower than that. Let's now see what it will get from the reviewer.

lokness said:
Gosh, i just finished it today and i want to go back and play it again! WHATS WRONG WITH ME?! No other game has made me fell so emotional other than this very title.
Someone hasn't played Mass Effect i see..

madster111 said:
lokness said:
Gosh, i just finished it today and i want to go back and play it again! WHATS WRONG WITH ME?! No other game has made me fell so emotional other than this very title.
Someone hasn't played Mass Effect i see..

Mass Effect was a sub par mishmash of KOTOR, Gears of War, and Freelancer. Not to mention they use the same camera angles and bad dialogue that are in midday soap operas, AND the same bridge as a Star War's Star Destroyer. The moral choice system sucks too, "Paragon, neutral, renegade" bull shit, they at least could have mixed up the options like in NWN2.

Seriously, they used the voice actor of Carth Onasi from KOTOR for your first squad mate.

Then again, anything shiny impresses you madster.

I agree and I disagree with everything in this topic. Of course everyone has their own opinions and all that other shit, but really, I can't see too much that is wrong with the game. So far, all the most negative reviews I have read have had prissy reasons for a lower score. One of them insulted the fact that soldiers never seem to get stopped by pain, even though it is said in about every other cutscene that SOP is regulating the soldiers and helping nullify pain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle