I love trading in games I dont play anymore.

plumpkin

Rookie
Traded in:

Saints Row.
Call of Duty 2 (Which does not even read on any 360 console).
Call of Duty 3.
Red Steel.
Halo 2.
Some DDR game for PS2 which I found in my garage.

Because I traded in 5+ games, I got an extra 30%. Then, I spent $15 dollers of the store credit I just got for the Edge Card. So, I got an extra 10% from that, giving me 40% more credit on each game I traded in, and I got the benefits of the Edge Card for a year (12 issues of Game Informer, 10% off used games + accessories, 10% extra trade in credit).

So, I walk into Game Stop with these games I will never play again, and I walk out with the Edge Card and $71 store credit.

:)

I would trade in games if I got a decent price for them. The amount you get back is so low that I'd rather just keep my old games and pay full price for a new one. Look, you traded in 6 games and only got $75? With the current price of todays games you can get one new game and an old one sold at a discounted price.

Then again I don't buy that many games to begin with. The games I purchase now I wouldn't mind playing a few years down the road.

Frozen, I used to feel the same but now I figure if I'm never going to play the game again I may as well get something for it. There are games I've bought that I just can't see myself playing once I've completed them and I had (and still have) a mountain of games I haven't touched for years so I may as well get something for them even if it's not much.

Sam

Frozen im with you on that - they def. rip you off when it comes to trading it back.. you have to trade in a good amount of games to get a decent return. 6 for $75 is a real good return rate from what im used to.

I trade in every so often. I last traded in Diddy Kong Racing (DS) for $15, or so + 10% with my GameStop Edge card. Of course this wasn't too long after DKR was released, and I didn't enjoy it much at all, so I simply traded it in toward Super Paper Mario (Wii) as a pre-order, which was tax-free. So I came out pretty swell there, I think.

Usually I keep ahold of my games, but back when I did more e-commerce I'd often sell games on eBay to get a good price (granted, I also sold more valuable games), or I traded at GameTZ.com and did straight up trades, which I thought was a pretty good deal most of the time.

I would only trade in games if I thought they were so bad that whoever made them didn't deserve the money they'd get from selling new copies...

But when I have a game that bad, I don't want

a) -Anyone- to profit any more from it, and

b) I wouldn't want to be responsible for another gamer going through the game I play.

I did it once in the ps1 era, but generally stores such as GAME just don't pay enough here to make it worth my while (unless there are special promotions on).

WHen i worked at gamestop. I seen how that damned company makes there bucks. They give kids crappy money for games they sell for a high dollar price. Since i have worked there i never trade back in anything i buy, i sell it on ebay, make way more then they would give me. Though i do go to garage sales and buy random shit like ps2 and xbox games, game boys shit like that and take it to them and make a good deal as well.

I usually trade in games I stop playing.. but recently sold oblivion for some reason and I'm starting to regret it now.. so I'll probably buy another copy of it.. what a good use of money!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod