I have never been so mad over a game, until...

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
today.

I was playing a game of Rush with my favorite squad of BF3 friends today and I was on one. Top of the game, 6000+ points. I had a decent K:D ratio, I was reviving like a mutha 'ucka and we were on the last M-Com. I had already planted and defended on 3 so I was rolling pretty good...when I get disconnected from the server. I figured it was my connection, but when I tried to join the server it alerted me to the fact that I was banned. What? I wasn't frag shotgunning. I wasn't M320ing like crazy. I was just on my game and my squad was supporting my Assault's push. So I try to contact the guy and he calls me a "booster." Then blocks me. It was his server and he was on the opposite team, so I must've pissed him off. I've rage quitted, but I've never been rage banned.

Accomplishment Unlocked.

Side note: I haven't really thought to care about EA renting servers and letting people handle them, but that shit's ridiculous.

Anybody else get mad at a game/player lately?

Yeah, i was in first place on a server with 0 kills and 17ish deaths, with thousands of points just from revives. Got kicked near the end of the game. I was pretty pissed about it.

You know what I hate? When I get my ass kicked in Marvel VS Capcom 2 and the people somehow glitch the game after the match is over so they can continue to beat me.

That kind of stuff has been happening for a long time...I remember that happening to me in the original CS.

Not much you can do other than laugh it off and find a better server.

My brother used to get accused of cheating and modding in Halo 3 all the time. Really often. Thankfully, my skill level in every single competitive multiplayer game I've ever played is so low that I don't have to deal with such accusations.

"Boosting" is such a bs claim, too.

So what exactly is boosting...like using cheats, camping? I really have no idea. Considering I was on the attacking team, camping isn't really an option.

Bretimus_v2 said:
So what exactly is boosting...like using cheats, camping? I really have no idea. Considering I was on the attacking team, camping isn't really an option.
Well I haven't played BF3, but on MW3, people can find a secluded spot, use tactical insertions to keep spawning there, and just keep getting kills.

Yeah, it was just sour grapes, methinks...just bugged me because it was a killer round. It's not often I find a good groove in BF3.

At what Dan said, I think utterly bizarre that they're renting servers. A total cash grab. But since the switch, I haven't played on an EA server yet. Maybe I should've handled these crazy mod powers the same way, and power tripped like crazy.

Which also reminds me, Dan, when are we hitting co-op. I hope you can fly a heli...cuz I can't. Helis and fighters feel like they took the control design from Trials.

Being an owner/admin/mod, especially for game servers, is a make or break type thing. Some people just don't know how to handle the power.

I've heard a LOT of stories of people doing shit like killing mods (you know, the point of the game) and getting banned, or shit like that. Very ridiculous stuff.

Yeah these rented servers seem like a really bad idea. I haven't run into too many issues yet aside from people being ridiculously good and me being ridiculously bad. Maybe they're just okay and I'm so bad it makes them seem good?

used44 said:
Thankfully, my skill level in every single competitive multiplayer game I've ever played is so low that I don't have to deal with such accusations.

Pretty much the story of my online life when it comes to FPS and fighting games.

Longo_2_guns said:
Being an owner/admin/mod, especially for game servers, is a make or break type thing. Some people just don't know how to handle the power.

I've heard a LOT of stories of people doing s*** like killing mods (you know, the point of the game) and getting banned, or s*** like that. Very ridiculous stuff.

yeah, that happens. Just don't return. Eventually that server will die out. Hopefully.

Congrats, Bret. You're now good enough that server admins ban you from their server and accused you of hacking. You shouldn't get mad, you should be proud of your skillz.

De-Ting said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
Well I haven't played BF3, but on MW3, people can find a secluded spot, use tactical insertions to keep spawning there, and just keep getting kills.

Maybe that's camping, but it's not boosting.

I believe what Ting is talking about is 2 people get on opposite teams and find the secluded spot so one of them can nuke farm and stuff.

De-Ting said:
find a secluded spot, use tactical insertions

So is that how kids are doing it these days?

Leth, I am so bad at fighting games, I got online with UFC a couple times and just got pounded. I might as well have been a bag of sand. Same goes for basically every fighter and sports sim.

Wow, that would be a "throw pillow against the wall" incident for me. And you dont want to see that - nasty.

RED BRET!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133