How goes your picking up of GTA IV?

No it isn't, as long as i have the power to edit my own topics. My post has now the addendum:

Please don't edit my topics. This topic is on what i made it to be about. Just because it's popular doesn't mean you can swap it into being one in line with your compartmentalizing obsession. Especially don't put your sycophantic user-demeaning sarcasm in the title. Thanks.

Does anyone remember the time when topics in this forum were left alone unless they broke rules? Oh yeah, when I moderated it.

I am not sure what exactly happened, but id be willing to bet it is DL's fault. He is on a roll today.

What on earth, mikey? This forum has about five active topics, it's totally unnecessary, and the content of this topic is picking up GTA! It isn't talking about graphics, gameplay, it's talking about the action of buying it. There's no right to do that. Stop policing my thoughts!

Make your own *official* topic if you're so desperate to have one, you cant just route a whole prior topic into something else because you want a different one. And I certainly wouldn't call people I want a discussion with *little children* in the title. It's not funny, it's rude and stupid mod community self aggrandizing.

As per usual, Shaft's right. He changed the topic to "GTA IV official topic *yay screamed the little children* - effectively ignoring the content and calling us all names. Moronic and sycophantic.

Anybody else have trouble picking up GTA4?

No?

Good.

Is the topic over?

(I am just tired of 900 topics that I have to follow. Am I lazy? Yes. Sue me.)

You cant just say that. If people weren't interested in the subject matter of the topic there wouldn't be over 3 pages of replies about it, it's not like (aside from joke posts) it's strayed from the topic.

You don't need to follow them all, and it'd be much more annoying for most of us to trawl specific matters out of a topic which would by now be about 20 pages if it was all in one, and would be a total unnecessary mess. The difference is if they all were in one, the people who don't want it all in one would still have to trawl, where as you can just ignore topics you see as surplus.

anyway that's COMPLETELY beside the point. The point is this topic isn't and doesn't read like the official gta IV topic and i don't want a pathetic insult in my topic title. So hands off my stash, brethren.

I'm particularly keen to speak up to try and stamp this out now, because I don't want to have to face a forum that I love becoming like that bit in The Office where Gareth Keenan tells Tim to move his paper because it's ignoring the demarcation of his desk by being about half a centimeter over the dividing line.

satanwinsqp3.jpg

Now that i have a pretty good idea of what happened I have a few comments.

A) Mala's topic title should not have been tampered with. That was completely unnecessary.

B) The amount of GTAIV topics in this forum are a little out of control and some of them should no doubt have been closed (example here )

C) Having said that, there is no reason more than one GTAIV topic can't exist. I see no reason to lump good discussions such as talk of the GTA soundtrack or the Xbox360 version vs the PS3 version or this topic all together. I feel each is different enough to merit its own topic.

D) In conclusion, I see Stal's point but when it comes down to it I definitely side with mala and used on this one...especially the part about DL being a cocksucker, I think we can all agree on that.

Yeah. Quite. I'm not saying make tons on the same subject, but there's a lot of elements to GTA, and when a topic (for example, this fine one) is so clearly defined, there's nothing wrong with having more than one just because they link to the same game.

I don't want to talk about this subject, for instance, in a topic which will end up becoming a big debate over the driving, because I have no interest in that debate. Just seems obvious to me.

I agree with mala. A game this big is pretty much the number 1 thing gamers are taking about deserves more then one topic. I mean, if it's not hurting anyone, +1, spam or pushing other active topics off the front page then why does it need to be modded? These arn't exactly fast moving forums as it is.

Rekkie7 said:
if it's not hurting anyone, +1, spam or pushing other active topics off the front page then why does it need to be modded?

Exactly. I think using powers in any form of responsibility is a last resort, and this is hardly a situation which duke would see and think 'god! look at the six topics about aspects of GTA! Where are the mods?'.

That said, stop talking about driving in my topic!

Just interesting to note than in Zavvi, a high street media store (cd's, dvd's, games) in oxford GTA is still toting a large £50 sticker.

That's right. Over a week after release, a standard 360 game is $100 dollars. Unbelievable.

Well it sells here for $110 Aussie, which is just around $100US. We didn't mind the $100Aus games when our dollar was 70cents to yours, but now it's in the 90's we really should be getting better value.

I'ld love to vote with my wallet, but there are too many good games to miss out on.

That's really quite dreadful rekkie, and clearly needs addressing by some regulatory body. here games that don't have the pull of gta are about £40 ($80 usd) on release and that's kind of extortionate. I usually dont buy games about £25, which is what i found bioshock, dmc4 etc for.

At least I can import PS3 games as they are unlocked, but I havn't had much interest in many games for it yet so I havn't bothered.

The 360 doesn't have that option, I could get them from europe but with shipping it doesn't sound like England would be much better.

Games for PS3 and 360 here cost roughly around 500 - 700 DKR, and divide it by 4.8 and you got it in dollars.
I paid 549 DKR for my copy of GTA IV, that's 114 US $

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod