How goes your picking up of GTA IV?

malakian

Rookie
I just picked up my copy earlier! Sadly i can't play it until may the 11th due to being stuck in my halls here in uni revising for exams.

Anywho, a big fuss has been made by the gaming community in lieu of the preorders selling out etc. I ignored it and didnt get panicky, got into town this morning and picked it up for 39.97 from sainsbury's with my lunch. I looked in Zavvi's window and Game's, and Gamestations, and they all had stock too (albeit for 45 pounds and even 50 in zavvi, just for the regular edition too). Sainsbury's, for non UK nationals, is a supermarket, so wouldn't be the first port of call for desperate gamers...but would be for a savvy shopper like myself.

So what's your experience been? Sold out at all? Did you preorder? It's rare a gaming event with such broad appeal goes down, so it's interesting to hear about its effect on high streets, I think.

Obviously the topic one of the microhimmler's closed wasn't elaborate enough for them to infer it might be interesting, so i just thought I'd make a more long winded one, as i logged on wanting to post about it.

Please don't edit my topics. This topic is on what i made it to be about. Just because it's popular doesn't mean you can swap it into being one in line with your compartmentalizing obsession. Especially don't put your sycophantic user-demeaning sarcasm in the title. Thanks.

Got mine at about 12:02am, though GameStop midnight launches aren't fun when a girl behind you is smoking into a wind that smacks right into your face and a guy in front of you is trying to convince you that Dark Sector is "so brilliant" that it's "worth a rental".

havent played it yet, but picked it up @ Gamestop pretty easily... with strat guide. =( i knoww, sorry

the whole "you better preorder or you will have a hard time finding <insert game here>" is pure bullspit. I got that speech before both Brawl and Mario Kart were released and I was able to get both games without much hassle.

^ I did that with Halo 3, KH 2 and Final Fantasy 12. All of which I was told BY an employee that there was no way I would get them without a preorder.

Pre-order? No thanks, I've got lots of them paperweights and paper rolls in the drawer.

A friend mysteriously brandished his GeeTeeEhy disc yesterday without pre-ordering. It's a lie, like Shaft said. Even though you do have to be a little patient.

I have a knack for finding stuff I don't need that is in high demand. So far I've found Wii's in stock numerous times (hint: check Targets in the afternoon on Weds. and sunday).

Then again, gaming isn't a big thing in Saint Louis, much like everything else (except booze and drugs).

Course, I'm waiting for the better PC version of GTAIV next year.

I just ordered it online and got it today...seems pretty efficient since I don't have to worry about paying more for pre-ordering and such.

Picked mine up at Sir Friedrich de Meier's at aorund 7pm tonight. They had plenty of copies, and even some Limited Editions left.

Shaft is totally right. Why does the gaming community cook up such a 'YOU'LL NEBER GET IT ON RELEASE DAY LOL' hype when I *always* have, with all huge releases i've wanted? It's like you're free marketing for the pre-order business.

Sounds a joy to hear, Nick Tan! Maybe it can enter the hallowed 'Worth a rental' hall, along side such greats as spider man 2 the game, and Shadow the hedgehog.

Here it's total gone, all preorders took all the copies.
There two GameStop stores had together about 200 copies. And all the preorders had taken those.

I got it at the midnight launch, so I almost have had it for 2 days now :p

interesting ty, does that include supermarket stockers though? A lot of big department stores, media shops and supermarkets here besides exclusive game sellers stock them - hmv, zavvi, debenhams, sainsbury's, tesco, woolworths, asda wal-mart to name a few.

Most supermarket stockers here had involved some sort of preordering too.
Except the largest one, which could be compared with Wallmart.
but they are also sold out now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod