How do you wash your dishes?

Psuedo

Rookie
Dishwasher? Any kind of order? Fit everything in the sink you can, or just do specific items at a time? Fill one sink with water leave the other for rinsing, or fill both sinks up to wash? Do you pre rinse/scrub the crap off before you wash?

Or if you do none of this at all that means you have a dishwasher.

How do you wash your dishes?

I like to get everything as clean as I can without washing before I wash. Usually the sinks are filled up with dishes, so I have to organize a bit put all the silverware in the biggest cup available. Rinse/scrub food of the plates with scotch brite type deal.

Stack all the plates together. Stack the cups, place all the boilers together. More organized so it doesn't look as daunting. I'll start with the cups, move onto the plates, and bowls. Then do the silverware. After that all's that left is cook ware, and utensils.

Little amount of dishes / eating alone - Quick cleaning after I have finished using an utensil. Usually just under the water stream. I don't leave them laying around for days.

Many dishes at once - Dishwasher

Usually I wash them the next day. It's just with 4 people they pile up pretty fast. A dishwasher would be great. You say under the water stream do you just rinse em, or what? Also forgot to add what type of soap do you people use? Regular ole concentrated dawn. No fancy green apple stuff, or anything. Also hate the idea of having moisutrizer in dish soap. Same with fresh scent Raid (bug killer)

We have a dishwasher, but it's not a miracle worker, so we wash them in the sink first. My mom buys low-impact, "environmentally safe" soap for the sink and dishwasher, which is of questionable effectiveness. We typically don't leave any dishes in the sink overnight. Big things that have to be hand washed we leave to dry in the oven. We also don't use paper towels.

Dishwasher.

A better question, resulting in about the same levels of controversy as "one or two spaces after a period?" or "does 'a couple' mean 'exactly two' or 'between two and four?'":

Bowls on the top shelf or the bottom shelf?

In this household, it's bottom shelf until it fills up.

Dishwashing machine every night, cascade tablet.
Hot water heater turned to max temp to try to kill any extra germs.

I put the plates near the sink, mum puts the plates in the dishwasher.
If i lived on my own and had no dishwasher, i'd just clean dishes when i used them. Seems simple that way.

MattAY said:
My asian maid does everything

....everything. :brow:

My dishwasher does everything...and only occasionally does she complain. That being said, Ting, I feel you on the enviornmental soaps. Those things are pretty weak.

Bretimus_v2 said:
MattAY said:
My asian maid does everything

....everything. :brow:

509aea630604f6ff74b077b94c9ae708-how-i-met-your-mother-high-five.gif

Bretimus_v2 said:
My dishwasher does everything...and only occasionally does she complain.

epic-high-five-adventure-time.gif

I thought I was bad at keeping up with dishes (i'm one of those "they need to soak"), my roommate doesn't even bother with dishes. He buys plastic plates, cups and cutlery and just throws everything out.

WickedLiquid said:
I thought I was bad at keeping up with dishes (i'm one of those "they need to soak"), my roommate doesn't even bother with dishes. He buys plastic plates, cups and cutlery and just throws everything out.

I once had a couple as roommates that were so lazy, they didnt want to wash their week old dishes and threw them in the trash. I took them out and hosed them down in a bin with soap and got myself free dishes.

For real, It amazes me how wasteful and lazy some people can be.

(Plus the female in that couple was a lazy(unemployed freeloader) and crazy bitch. She got herself pregnant on purpose, so she wouldn't have to go back to working, and so he wouldn't leave her)

I caught this at my sisters house.

Hnd_Rnwl_Pom.jpg

Hand moisturizer...In her soap.....that she uses to wash dishes.
*Barf*

My dad uses dish soap to wash his hair. He doesn't believe in shampoo.
I'm sorta like Rain's post, except I put soap on the dishes then rinse them off. I don't have many dishes to do, because I usually do them after I'm done using them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133