Health care (not political)

Especially when one chemo session is 45,000 dollars now. It easy to see how someone without insurance would say fuck it and very well die instead. Which is sad when the same drugs and treatment for cancer ten years ago only cost 5,000 dollars a session. I don't know how the same drugs and treatment cost could go up 900% in ten years.

I guarantee you in 10 years the drugs and treatments used for treating cancer have changed. We still call it "chemo" but it has grown leaps and bounds.

The most costly thing I have to pay for at the doctors office is the note needed for my employer whenever i injure myself ... which is kinda funny because its my employer who FORCES me to see a doctor, then REQUIRES a note saying im okay to return to work and on the form THEY give me it states that the EMPLOYEE must pay all doctor form fees.. which range from free (when and if i can ever see my family doctor) to 100 dollars.

Thankfully our union fought this with the new barganing agreement and now the company must pay for all notes they force us to get. We pay up front and then they give us a seperate cheque on payday.

Bluecross covers most medications, but still .. some of that shizzle can be expensive.

The worst experience I ever had was at the dentist. I was covered for 80% with my new job and decided to get my teeth cleaned. Well it ends up that its not always 80%, depending on what they use the coverage varies ... within 3 visits they somehow blew through my $2,000 yearly coverage and had already convinced me to get my wisdom teeth out. On the day I was supposta go in to get them pulled (they told me i was covered and wouldnt have to pay more than the 20%) the morons called me and told me I owed them over a grand for my other 3 visits because I went over my limit.

Needless to say I stuck it to them because they never gave me a quote and never told me I was over my limit once I reached it. So I told them to take legal action to get the money and they never did. Whats even worse is it was the same dentist I had since I was a kid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod