Has anyone tried these glasses?

shandog137

Novice
I hate playing games and watching movie on small 3.5 inch screens and I have been keeping track of products like this http://www.myvu.com/Crystal.html#. I can't find user reviews on this thing though, and I just wanted to know if these work as well as they say or is it pretty much a rip-off?

shandog137 said:
I hate playing games and watching movie on small 3.5 inch screens and I have been keeping track of products like this http://www.myvu.com/Crystal.html#. I can't find user reviews on this thing though, and I just wanted to know if these work as well as they say or is it pretty much a rip-off?

Isn't that only like a 1.6 inch increase? (For the screen you're speaking of - 3.5 inches.)

I'd spend 300 dollars on a larger movie player.

They look needlessly dangerous to use, particuarly if they're for portable items since it's more easily distracting than the screen as well as looking so obtrusive and expensive that they're going to get you noticed and likely robbed if you're in a place that you couldn't use bigger screens anyway. Particuarly since they even suggest using it in a "coffee shop", they're clearly not entirely sane because, coffee shop plus extracting yourself from the real world sounds normal, but only in a non-silly-looking-eye-screens-and-actually-quite-pompous-and-pretentious-beret-wearing way.
And if you're in your own home, use a freaking TV.

Plus, that picture of the lady wearing them makes me laugh. Do you want to be laughed at?

That's my user review, and I didn't even have to use it, since the quality is a moot point if it's not logically functional or desirable. (Plus, I've heard using such things, even these newer models end up in the user having head splitting brainaches.)

And as Lethean pointed out, it's not that much better.

Lethean: The perceived screen size is significantly larger. So it is supposed to be the equivalent of watching a 19 or 20 inch tv, even though they advertise it as being like viewing a 42 inch tv from 9 feet. I found some reviews of similar products on Amazon after I posted this but no reviews specific to this product.

Yokiro: Well I don't care too much about looking like a dork wearing them if they work as they say. I can make anything look cool. They always make people look like tools in ads. Your point about the headaches is troubling though.

I guess if I were to get them it would be for use on trains and airplanes when I traveling. I have been considering getting a PSP and it would be nice if I could increase the screen size this easily. I am still hesitant about the pricing for the picture quality of a standard TV but it seems like a cool idea. I just don't know many people who have used them and before shelling out $300 bucks I'd like to at least try them out or see them in action.

That would give me vertigo, for sho. And no doubt it's bad for your eyes.

i think it would be better to get a player with a bigger screen. probably the psp. plus i dont think these kind of devices wouldnt make a big hit in the future(except for having a HUD, but oh well).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle