GR Productions Present: Ocarina of Time [Malon]

Fine...

MV5BOTUzNTYwNjE0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc0ODM1Mw@@._V1._SY314_CR17,0,214,314_.jpg

Del Toro.

MattAY said:
Can we get Tarantino in on the picture?!

Yea.. sure.. I like the way he retold inglorious bastards except, odds are he's going to find a way to put himself in the flick. In a VERY prominent speaking role.

QT directing a Zelda movie? I would imagine Nintendo wanting someone a little more... Disney-ish.

But sure what the hell. He can even play Mido.
"Is the Deku Tree dead? Let me ask you something Link when you walked into his mouth did you see a sign that said 'Dead Hickory Storage?' You know why you didn't see that sign? CAUSE STORING DEAD HICKORY WOOD AIN'T MY FUCKING BUISNESS THAT'S WHY!"

Tarantino is a great director, but not really a great fit.

You probably should use someone who's more used to dealing with a sort of fantasy, actiony sort of setting.

Like JJ Abrams.

Longo_2_guns said:
Tarantino is a great director, but not really a great fit.

You probably should use someone who's more used to dealing with a sort of fantasy, actiony sort of setting.

Like JJ Abrams.

Agree. Joss Whedon would probably be a good choice too.

Brad - Toy Story, Up, Incredibles, Ratitoue.. Yea, would work if we were doing a digital direction, but We wanted live action. I've added him, but I don't know if he fits. Also, he's mostly Pixar.

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol.

Also, writer and director of Iron Giant, so there.

Havent seen it. MI.

So what say ye men? Check the first page for the listing, but I'm going with Wolfgang and/or del Toro.

Longo_2_guns said:
Or JJ Abrams.

Whats a film that JJ Abrams has done that would more closely resemble what OoT would look like if he were to Direct. With Del Toro I can see The Hobbit as a template, with Wolfgang I'd use The Neverending Story in my mind - what would JJ do and what would it resemble?

JJ knows how to show the effects of time travel, as evidenced by Lost.
He knows how to work with child actors, as evidenced by Super 8.
He knows how to make an adaptation of previous works into something that will be a hit with audiences, as evidenced by his new Star Trek movies.

Just because they're of the same genre doesn't mean that they're going to be similar.

Alright.. This looks pretty split. I'm willing to throw my vote behind Del Toro which will give him 3 votes. I still think Bird wouldn't be a good choice (just my two cents).

Del Toro - 3
Brad Bird - 2
JJ Abrams - 1 + 1 (GL)

Abrams is a good pick, all things considered.

I wouldn't mind him or Del Toro on this one. Both have worked with child actors before and both know when to reign in on too much spectacle. Even Pacific Rim, for all of its insanity, had enough of a core to follow a story, as B-movie as it was supposed to be.

^ So are you changing? to Abrams? If not, I give it another day before I call it on the side of Del Toro.

Even at a cursory glance, I would love to see Del Toro as a director, just to see all the fantasy of Hyrule filtered through his mad mind.

UrbanMasque said:
^ So are you changing? to Abrams? If not, I give it another day before I call it on the side of Del Toro.

No i'm not changing my vote, just pointing out that I approve of either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133