GR Productions Present: Ocarina of Time [Malon]

So its settled. Movie in installments. Starting with Young Link almost like Young Potter (Starting thinking of young actors you'd like to watch grow up :) )

I'm still keeping the tally open for another night or so to see if someone has characters they'd want involved.

Well if were going to do this in installments, perhaps we should think of points to cut the franchise, so to speak

I mentioned earlier that movie one is all young link, more and more I think this is a bad idea. Maybe cutting it after Dodongo's cavern and starting the third movie with JabuJabu's belly (think cold opening Bond-style) might be better, that way we set up the transformation to adult link, the "confrontation" with Phantom Ganon and the whole time aspect of the game.

Of course I might be overthinking it, but from a movie standpoint it gives us a hook and plotline to follow to its conclusion, as well as metaphorically and visually set up the transition from young to adult more smoothly by giving us fair climaxes to work with.

Longo_2_guns said:
used44 said:
Multiple drawn-out installments? Yuck.
Seconded.

tumblr_mf94b48HCL1qiemkoo1_r1_500.gif

LinksOcarina said:
Well if were going to do this in installments, perhaps we should think of points to cut the franchise, so to speak

I mentioned earlier that movie one is all young link, more and more I think this is a bad idea. Maybe cutting it after Dodongo's cavern and starting the third movie with JabuJabu's belly (think cold opening Bond-style) might be better, that way we set up the transformation to adult link, the "confrontation" with Phantom Ganon and the whole time aspect of the game.

Of course I might be overthinking it, but from a movie standpoint it gives us a hook and plotline to follow to its conclusion, as well as metaphorically and visually set up the transition from young to adult more smoothly by giving us fair climaxes to work with.

I think we are overthinking it to some extent. We can settle up on end points or go straight to Netflix - House of Cards Style and let people watch it in several 1.5 hr installements. I like the idea of a movie better, but the aging issue does bring up some complications. We can have a series of flashbacks and have adult Links be more reminiscent OOOOooooorrRRRRR

we can always have a 3 minute Montage in the film!

tumblr_m5r1i7nfQp1qatk7fo1_500.gif

tastefully done of course.

Can't we just safely assume the whole story will fall within 3 hours, and make our fake film?! ;)

^You know what I meant. Young Potter - to Young Adult Potter type timeframe, which doesn't play now since we're doing one film.

Soundtrack isn't that important imo. I think you ran into this problem last tome urbz, we need to move onto the people brah.

So as for a running list we will cast:

Link
Zelda
Navi
Gannondorf
Nabooru
Impa
Princess Ruto
Darunia
Saria
Rauru
Phantom Ganon
Mido
The Great Deku Tree
King Zora
The Owl
Malon
Talon
Ingo
& of course - Epona

The First BIG decision that we will make before choosing a Director is choosing a Studio to create this masterpiece. Any Ideas?

As much as you probably don't want to hear it, I'm going to throw my hat into the Warner Bros. ring because they know how to make all things enchanting.

Who are we getting to Direct this mother? [include pictures bitches]

MV5BMTczNTQ5ODY4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDcyMDI1._V1._SY314_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

My suggestion -

Wolfgang Peterson..
Resume includes, Poseidon, Troy, and The Never-ending Story [the good version]. I think he'd come out of retirement for this story.

He will have amazing live action, but also sensible CGI.

Peterson is a good choice...

I would also throw in Guillermo Del Toro, his work is usually imaginative and character driven, and he does fantastic real well.

Can we get Tarantino in on the picture?!

The big guy himself! He'd be awesome in Link's courageous battles! Struggling to victory through grit alone. And let's not forget how awesome Quentin is at showdowns...I'm talking Link VS Dark Link here!

Also, his experience in Django gives him the edge on horse riding shots with Epona. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo