GR Productions Present Metal Gear Solid - That's a Wrap!

UrbanMasque

Everyone Wears a Mask
Its that time again!

2077563-metalgearsolidintegral_ps1_wallpaper_g0k9y.jpg

We are all producers and we are assembling our team for the Live Action Metal Gear Solid movie based on the popular video game. The film takes place in the same time frame as the video game.

If this is your first time here's the gist. We start with casting one character at a time so it is easier to control who we are discussing and what the consensus is. We will operate with as much of a majority rules opinion as possible, and we will use only actors who are still living and who would be likely to take part in this at this point in their career. A-D listers. Please add any production people to this list below that you think I'm overlooking that should be added. I will go down the list of relevant people/characters we will add based on who is important to the story we want to tell and who is listed in IMDB.

I would like to have a serious brainstorm about who we would be able to hire for this production that would best compliment the film. Eventually we will work our way down the Character List, but we have to start with the very basics:

Director:
J.J. Abrams
q2hfkjv.jpg

Production Studio
Syncopy
syncopy073010.jpg

Solid Snake
Joel Edgerton
joel-edgerton-1.jpg
Metal-Gear-Solid-Snake.jpg

Liquid Snake
Kevin Bacon
Kevin-Bacon2_0.jpg
3887L.jpg

Meryl
Kate Beckinsale
Kate-Beckinsale.jpg
Meryl_Sylverburgh.jpg

Roy Campbell
John Locke
medium_johnlocke.jpg
roy-campbell_288x288.jpg

Mei Ling
Qing Xu
934219d1a84848a88ae12c44818de8f3.jpg
meiling.jpg

Otacon/Hal Emmerich
Ben Whishaw
ben-whishaw-as-q.jpg
1103605859_entsOtacon.jpg

Naomi Hunter
Gemma Arteton
Gemma-Arterton-Hot-Pictures-5.jpg
20111203151831!Naomi.jpg

Gray Fox
CGI animation voiced by Lenard Nimoy
1303.jpg
Grayfox.jpg

Revolver Ocelot
Nikita Mikhalkov
un-cineaste-au-fond-des-yeux-27-nikita-mikhalkov,M33175.jpg
028_revolver_ocelot.jpg

Who gets the role?

Vulcan Raven
Dwayne Johnson
the-rock-pain1.jpg
Vulcan_Raven.jpg

Psycho Mantis
Jack Shepard
Alex_Cross_Matthew_Fox.jpg
Mgs-psycho-mantis.jpg

Sniper Wolf
Milla Jovovich
milla-jovovich-hairstyle.jpg
182001-mgs_sniper_wolf.jpg

Decoy Octopus
Doug Jones
dougjones1.jpg
5456223_std.jpg
100full.jpg

Next up - ???

Nominations:

-please include pictures of your nominations-

I like the idea of JJ Abrams. Although LOST was pretty convoluted so I'd say save him for MGS 2 lol.

Liquid (in Ocelot's body): "I live on through this ARM!"

Cue LOST trumpet, cut to black.

The Wachowski Brothers is another idea. I could see them pulling off any scene with Gray Fox flawlessly.

wachowski_brothers.jpg

^ I do like the Wachowskis - The Matrix series was great but the later ones skimped on the story. As did Cloud Atlas, which was AMAZING on the eyes, but kind of murky in terms of what was going on.

Additionally, I'd like to throw
Ridley Scott into the ring of potential candidates. He has a history of doing solid sci-fi and isn't bad in the action universe.

ridley-scott.jpg

Just gonna throw it out there. Name one thing that Ridley Scott has directed of late. You said the word "history" which describes his position in film making. Great as a producer though.

used44 said:
Hah, this was so annoying last time.
..fuck you. Why?

Nominations now closed - let the debate begin!!

Bretimus_v2 said:
Just gonna throw it out there. Name one thing that Ridley Scott has directed of late. You said the word "history" which describes his position in film making. Great as a producer though.

Gladiator wasn't that long ago and I envision MGS being just as epic.

Bretimus_v2 said:

Is Prometheus recent enough?

Lien said:
Which studio, hey? Pixar! Let's have some voice actors in here!

Still haven't pixed :wink: a director yet. Anyone want to defend their choices or move to another one?

Bretimus_v2 said:

Sorry Brett...I had to do this...

Kingdom of Heaven - 2005
A Good Year - 2006
American Gangster - 2007
Body of Lies 2008
Robin Hood - 2010
Prometheus - 2011

He's been pretty active since 2000 with movies coming out either every year or every other year.

For a MGS movie? I'd vote for Ridley Scott. He handles action well and doesn't hold the audience's hand and answer everything for them, he leaves them to do some thinking.

I was about to protest against J.J. Abrams and his overuse of the lens flare but then I re-watched the trailer for Ground Zeros and that was pretty "lens flary". Ridley Scott seems like a good choice. I was about to suggest Hideo Kojima since MGS is already like a movie, maybe movie directing is something he's always wanted to do?

intoTheRain said:
i love the the internet crowd and how it's become the in thing to hate on J.J abrams because of lens flares lol.
Well it's kinda how people complain you can't hear anything in a Christopher Nolan film.

Anyway, time to defend M.Night here (even though i ain't that passionate). So people are gonna say the last airbender and lady in the water. But remember what is Metal gear. It's a game with loooong scenes with stretching shots of objects filled with visuals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuTmDljP_QY

Know what other film also has it's fill of long shots and visuals?
unbreakable-10.jpg

Ayup...

And then, metal gear is also notorious for all those conspiracy plot twist changing the aspect of the entire game...
The_Village_movie.jpg

And ya know what metal gear's themes are famous for? How it's hard to trust people, how anyone can be your enemy even those you trust can turn on you. So you are alone... defending yourself against the supernatural.
Devil_film_poster.jpg

And now you gonna tell me, M.Night can't make science fiction! That's like his weakness.

well there's this upcoming film of his coming out and looking pretty nice.
After_Earth_Poster-Dec_2012.png

Let's see The Wachowski beat that!

I'm actually thinking maybe Kevin Smith now.

Snake and Otacon chillin outside the convience store. Smoking fatties, smokin blunts. Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod