GR 2013 GOTY round two - Fire Emblem vs. The Last of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still haven't played Fire Emblem, but I'm going to vote for The Last of Us regardless because I thought it was a Goddamn amazing game.

Green_Lantern said:
The bottom of the hotel.
Not the generator I thought you were talking about, but yes if you miss it there's no real way of catching it after you've cleared out all the enemies. It's like they made the room's puzzle from the entrance, but I certainly didn't reapproach the room, I got up to the second floor and figured "what the fuck is with this door being the only one with a switch I can't activate."

Still, that is such a minor gripe to hang the entire experience on.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I'm guessing he's talking about when you meet Joel's brother.
This is what I thought GL was talking about and then I figured he hated Ellie getting all emotional or something.

The one thing I did hate about the generator Brett is referring to is that they walk you all the way to the back of the compound and everywhere you look there's waist-high architecture for cover. While I'm supposed to be paying attention to Tommy, I'm so distracted thinking about all the guys I'm gonna kill on my way back out.

When I played through, I killed everyone on normal and raaaaaaaaan like a mofo on survivor--the bloater is slow enough that you can avoid/kite the one at the door and just desperately try the door and swipe the key card.

That said, I did try dashing from the generator after I started it and sneaking through a few times, and that never worked out very well.

I'm guessing your experience was a bit more traumatic : (.

Oh, so fire emblem gets to go up against TLOU with my shit haiku skills to defend it.

Just call it now, man. We all know how it's gonna go down.

Don't say that master! You have to believe!

Did Rocky give up against Apollo Creed? No! So don't you give up on- oh wait rocky lost that fight...

madster111 said:
Oh, so fire emblem gets to go up against TLOU with my shit haiku skills to defend it.
Just call it now, man. We all know how it's gonna go down.
How it should go down is that you write haikus for every game that makes it past this round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod