GR 2009 award thing

Is damn near unreadable. Grayish brown blobs on white is really hard to see, although the in text ads stick out real well.

Whoever had the brilliant idea to do black text on dark gray should be fired. Out of a cannon.

madster111 said:
GR said:
THE 10 BEST GAMING MOMENTS OF 2009

#2 Project Natal Announced

That's it.
GR is officially FUBAR.

Yeah, I'd disagree with just about everything that wasn't the Best Games of the Year part, and even then I'd change the order a little. For example, did anyone who wasn't Blake play Dissidia? Because after reading his review about it, it's obvious that he just sucks at it.

Also, why exactly is Duke Nukem Forever being said to have been ended a good thing? If anything, it's a bad thing. And for the record, DNF is still going to happen. Duke's voice actor confirmed it a few weeks ago.

project natal = overblown hype fail. anyone here remember the ps eye toy? same concept, came out a few years ago, and look how many people bought that. why, so many people bought it that you never see them with it, and it must sell like hotcakes cause all the stores are out of stock on em. yeap, natal is going to sell just as well. just you wait and see, or my name isn't ambush bug.

batman beating out uncharted 2, GR, I am disappoint.

i knew uncharted 2 wouldn't be first because GR has to be different, and that's cool. but why batman? :(

Because Batman killed style and tone, had very little control issues, contained a flag finder that was rewarding and it put you in the driver's seat of Batman!!! Should've been a tie though (be cuttinging edge by not being definitive).

And c'mon, it wasn't the best game in the world (repetitive, joke of an online, lip-syncing, etc.) but Ghostbusters doesn't even get an honorable mention. :(

You guys continue to impress me, taking a whole year of gaming news and releases is a lot harder. I could barely remember the beginning of the summer releases earlier this week.

Choosing the top game of the year was difficult. I had Uncharted 2 first and Batman second. Blake and Duke had Batman first and Uncharted 2 second. Furthermore, Colin would have had Batman first while Jesse would have Uncharted 2 first. It's a hard call - certainly a tie if there ever was one. But as critics, we have to pick.

To be honest, I flipped back and forth between the two during the week leading up to the vote. I thought Batman was an example of how to make superhero games work while still staying true to the chosen superhero's mythos. Uncharted 2 showed us how to merge action, platforming, controls, dialogue, and multiplayer. But if I had to say which was more revolutionary, it would be Batman for its execution of an original concept and for elevating its genre more than Uncharted 2 does its own.

I agree with Colin's point in his review about using Detective Mode during most of the game, but now I'm exploring Arkham without using Detective Mode.

Nick_Tan said:
Choosing the top game of the year was difficult. I had Uncharted 2 first and Batman second. Blake and Duke had Batman first and Uncharted 2 second. Furthermore, Colin would have had Batman first while Jesse would have Uncharted 2 first. It's a hard call - certainly a tie if there ever was one. But as critics, we have to pick.

To be honest, I flipped back and forth between the two during the week leading up to the vote. I thought Batman was an example of how to make superhero games work while still staying true to the chosen superhero's mythos. Uncharted 2 showed us how to merge action, platforming, controls, dialogue, and multiplayer. But if I had to say which was more revolutionary, it would be Batman for its execution of an original concept and for elevating its genre more than Uncharted 2 does its own.

fair enough

batman: aa deserves the top spot. nice combat system, fun gadgets, the sidequests rewarding, free dlc, stealth, and a super hero game that didn't suck. only problem? story could of been better. and a more diversity in the boss fights.

as for anyone that says this game was repetitive, oh, i'm sorry that this game wasn't a fps where you just hold down the trigger button for 10 minutes at a time and do nothing but shoot. i mean dear me, thats the opisite of repetitive and bland.

The only disappointment I felt was that the final Joker boss scene didn't really have you fighting the Joker that much. But that is really my only complaint. Plus, you could explore basically all of the island. No invisible walls, just cliffs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod