Good-bye Penny

WickedLiquid

Regular
So in Canada we have gotten rid of the Penny and now the lowest coin you can carry in your pocket is the nickel. So if something costs $5.31 it will now cost $5.35. Bullshit right?

So my question is what do I do with all my pennies? Save them and hope that one day hundreds of years from now my future generations will make a profit off them? Or chuck them off the CN tower?

WickedLiquid said:
So in Canada we have gotten rid of the Penny and now the lowest coin you can carry in your pocket is the nickel. So if something costs $5.31 it will now cost $5.35. Bullshit right?

Um...Everywhere else that doesn't have pennies either rounds up OR down....IE $5.31 would be $5.30

actually, sir, if it's 5.31, or 5.32 you pay 5.30. if its 5.33 or 5.34 you pay 5.35.

edit: damn GL beat me to it, and he isnt even canadian?

save a bunch polish em up put em in a bucket and pass them down from kids to grand kids etc. they'll be worth something some day, no doubt.

Everywhere so far has rounded UP, My $1.47 coffee this morning was $1.50 and my $10.21 Subway combo for lunch was $10.25. So yeah, don't believe these lies!

WickedLiquid said:
Everywhere so far has rounded UP, My $1.47 coffee this morning was $1.50 and my $10.21 Subway combo for lunch was $10.25. So yeah, don't believe these lies!
I

I never pay with cash but the only experience i had so far was with the culligan man and he rounded down.

Edit: sorry dont like double quoting on my phone

There's a liquor store near my house that always rounds down to the nearest .10

WickedLiquid said:
my $10.21 Subway combo for lunch was $10.25. So yeah, don't believe these lies!
Didn't your law people make that illegal when they did this?

Because here in Australia you can put $15.02 of fuel in your car and hand over $15 cash. Those 2 cents make all the difference.

The pennies should now also not be legal tender, so you should be able to melt a bunch down and sell the metal, right?
I know US pennies are worth more in metal than their actual value, thus it's illegal to melt them down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod