Games you love but don't want your friends to see you play

TheNesMan said:
Omega_x007 said:
Pokemon Pearl
The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar
Oblivion

My close friends and older brother just aren't into these types of stuff. So even though they're awesome games, I still don't like to play them in front of my homies.
I didn't really understand this post until the last word - "homies". It's all clear now.

Ha!

Though I do have to agree that Pokemans can be a bit embarassing, as it is sooo japanese, and it is genrally thought of as being for kids. When you ask your friends to trade their Charizard for your Squirtle you sometimes just have to stop and smack yourself on the head.

used44 said:
When you ask your friends to trade their Charizard for your Squirtle you sometimes just have to stop and smack yourself on the head.
really? i thought your friend would do that for you, considering a Charizard will MURDER a squirtle.

FFXI... I didn't get mocked because of the game itself, but more for the amount of time I spent playing it. Fuck you Squeenix, making eight hour party quests.

GhostTrip said:
Dead or Alive, the one where they're all at the beach.

That actually went down really well with my housemates... so well I don't know what happened to the disc. All I know is that one day, they laughed (fuck you guys, I like the DoA series, beach volleyball included!) then the next, Jack had been up all night unlocking every damn swimsuit. That's actually quite impressive considering how much there is to unlock.

SaveFerris said:
Zoombinis: Logical Journey. It's an old educational game we got roughly ten years ago, and it's very endearing and fairly challenging. I play it secretly in my room, on my garage-sale Windows 2000 computer.

I am utterly amazed somebody has played this. One of the Zoombinis devs is one of my Uni tutors and yes, he used Zoombinis as his example of good interface design for one of our group tutorials, too bad it sucked. You know its had a few sequals right?

Yokiro said:
SaveFerris said:
Zoombinis: Logical Journey. It's an old educational game we got roughly ten years ago, and it's very endearing and fairly challenging. I play it secretly in my room, on my garage-sale Windows 2000 computer.

I'm more worried about my older brother. He would tease me mercilessly.

That game was played quite thoroughly in my fifth grade class since it was much better than real learning. There was on kid however, Melvin, that kept right on playing it for years and years after during class.
It was a small school, not enough people to warrant seperate special classes so we had to actually learn while he sat there screaming "ZOOMBINIIIIIIIS! I LOVE ZOOMBINIS!" But like I said, anything's better than real learning.

And that would have been in addition to the screaming lunacy that came from the game. Remember the ridiculous narrator? ("ZOOMBIIIIIINITOOOOOON!") The pizza troll? ("MOOOOOORE TOPPINGS!") The boat ferryman? ("Wel-kum to da BOAT!")

Hell, they should make those soundbytes into a Ventrilo Harassment video. (http://tinyurl.com/5rchpm)

jc00l said:
World of Warcraft, Or a Patapon. Its a toss up
Wow i can understand, but Patapon? Anyone who shits on Patapon has no appreciation for games what so ever.

For me, i'd have to say Tomb Raider. I don't want my mates thinking i play it for the wrong reasons.

Feel the Magic XY/XX, not only with my friends, but in public in general.
With the sound on, I'll look like a pervert in some of the scenes.

Pokemon: Diamond doesn't matter, since half of my friends own it. But it would be kind of weird, since I take an ungodly amount of time to get through the story.

i dont remember the name, I think it was Bible adventure for NEs, where you need to save Baby Moises or get all the animals for Noah's, pretty awful game, so thats THE ONE

Grey said:
SaveFerris said:

I am utterly amazed somebody has played this. One of the Zoombinis devs is one of my Uni tutors and yes, he used Zoombinis as his example of good interface design for one of our group tutorials, too bad it sucked. You know its had a few sequals right?

Oh yes, too well. Those sequels were made by a different company, which decided that they needed to make it THREE-DEE, and replace all the goofy voiceovers from Logical Journey with bland American ones. They even went back and remade the first one to comply! I was underwhelmed, and I haven't considered touching them again.

Wow, I'm giving these games way more critique than they actually deserve.

I love playing Star Wars Battlefront Renegade squadron on the PSP but I am afraid what people will think. Hey actually does anybody know the cheats for that game and the correct place to put them

I guess Animal Crossing and Pokemon Diamond. I also don't like playing Super Mario World in front of people because I have memorized all the boards.

SaveFerris said:
Wow, I'm giving these games way more critique than they actually deserve.

You didn't have to write a 3000 word essay about the Zommbini's interface. :(

Ape Scape Academy, wasted some many expecting insane minigames and multiplayer ....is game for 3yo kids, even they will get bored of that

Harvest Moon is awesome, I got 4 of my friends hooked on that game.

I wasnt embarrassed about playing pokemon either, partly because my friends and I started playing it before it got huge in the U.S. I had this Japanese friend (he was born in Japan and lived there untill about 4th grade and you wouldn't have been able to tell he was foreign by the way he talked) that introduced us to it. However this was when I was in the 6th grade. I've played green on emulator but got bored with it.

Although I have no problem letting people know I played harvest moon, I felt a little embarrassed when I bought animal crossing. And oddly I didn't feel embarrassed when I told my friends I wanted to play viva pinata when I first heard about it. Still haven't played it though.

pokemon is like... the best RPG game ever.. idk why some of you are afraid of admitting you play it... i play it... you should all embrace it..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle