Game you rediscovered

Brian_Rowe

Rookie
What games have you popped in, only to realize that it was a long forgotten favorite? I have two copies of Legendary Wings, so I went to test them out before selling one on eBay. I had forgotten how much I love this game. Even as an NES game, Legendary Wings manages to outclass a lot of the shmups from the SNES and Genesis.

One game I always come back to is X-Com: UFO Defence. it does not matter how many years go by, how "bad" the graphics may seem; its just damn fun.
Every year I play it, and a good month is dedicated to it.

Lentium said:
One game I always come back to is X-Com: UFO Defence. it does not matter how many years go by, how "bad" the graphics may seem; its just damn fun.
Every year I play it, and a good month is dedicated to it.

x-com is an all time favorite. you must be an old school gamer like me. I also love syndicate, dune II, and x-wing. I recently discovered the emulation software for Amiga games on my pc. Don't know if you ever sat in front of one of those, but there are some great games that i recently revisited:

Wings
Crown of Ardania
Tv sports Football & Basketball
Speedball 2

Pac-Man 20th Anniversary - lol Pac-Man
Need for Speed II SE - Better than whatever NFS you're playing

just moved house and found my old SNES collecting dust. hooked it up and plugged in Starwing. i forgot how awesome this game was, and hard. i went for the hardest course first up and had my arse handed to me. man, they dont make games like that anymore.

Up to Drew, Is JSRF any good? I have played the original on the Dreamcast, loved it- and in fact played it again quite recently too...so onto this list too please :wink:

Zork: Grand Inquisitor

Despite how short it was, it was really one of the best point-and-click adventure games. The only thing that really killed it, I think, was that it came out right at the time that the Adventure genre was starting to die. But apart from that, it was still a great game. Fun challenges, classic Zork humor, and even locations from the classics like Flood Control Dam #3 and a White House.

It's really too bad Grand Inquisitor was the last Zork game. And to think, it would have been the first in a trilogy.

Thanks to the Virtual console, I have really been getting back into Donkey Kong Country 2. Good memories and broken controllers.

Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage, I found my SNES that has a hole in the side because I kicked it in a fury when I was like 8, and that game, and I just had tons of fun with it, being surprised it worked at all. It's more fun than Marvel Ultimate Alliance for sure, and it's much older.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod