Ogre Battle

Trippysmurf

Rookie
I picked up the Retro Duo the other week. For those of you that don't know, its a Chinese machine that lets you play NES and SNES games. It seems cheap, but quite frankly I have yet to come across any problems playing games. Just jam the cartridge into the appropriate slot, and it instantly turns on.

Right now I'm playing Ogre Battle for the SNES. Its a lot of fun, though I wish I had more control over my characters during battle. For example, a front line enemy fighter will have 10 health left and my wizard in the back row decides to case bolt on an enemy with no damage.

Anyone else have fond memories of this game?

The other games I grabbed from my friends include:
Metroid
Super Metroid
Super Mario Bros. 3
Chrono Cross
And some others that I'll post when I get home.

How much do them there Retro Duos cost and what cartridges do they support? Just NES and SNES?

the sega genesis/nes ones are 45-50 bucks, while the nes/snes ones run 50 to 60 around these parts, i bought my flat mate one for his last birthday , and truth be told we tend to play more games on it then there true system counter parts there just more reliable when it comes to playing old games ecspecialy nes games

masterchris said:
Also the title of a good Queen song.
First thing I thought of. :D

Also, this Retro Duo gizmo interests me. I'll have to look into it. Thanks Trippy!

I got mine from Video Game Centrall. Granted I got mine on sale, so you may want to wait til the price drops like $10.

Also, completely agree with Jives. You really just shove the games in and they start up. No need for blowing or a q-tip with rubbing alcohol.

Blowing into the cartridge is an integral part of the experience, though! Nothing better than getting dizzy-headed and enjoying the infamous smell of plastic and solder that gets blown back in your face before playing Duck Hunt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod