game reviews

grturk555

Rookie
I was intersted in posting game reviews. But I HEARD there are contest involving best game reviews, and free games. The free game part kind of raised my eye brows. So I am not really sure though. How do I know the contest that involve prizes. And do really good ones earn something. Or do I just earn the proudness of getting something posted on a web? thanks.

Well, awhile ago there was a contest for the best review between five members. But, according to the latest intel...
dUKE said:
next month's prizes will definately *not* be going to most read blog or most reviews. too ripe for abuse.

next month's prizes will go to funniest review and funniest blog entry as judged by drunken gr staff or randomly thrown dart.

when i'm ready to award prizes i will create a thread for link submissions.

So...you think you're funny? If you do, you can enter this one (unless dUKE forgot about it) and hope to win.

But, for the most part, I think if you want to have a chance at most future contests, you gotta keep on doing reviews and the such...get your name out there. Anyone can review games here (just find the game title in either the Review, Preview, Cheats, or any other section of GR where the game is mentioned and click on "review game") so I don't know if you'll be too excited about being "published on a website".

Although, the last contestants got their reviews read by Sony reps, and got their reviews on the main page. Perhaps you'll get a similar oppertunity in the future.

:D

we will definately be doing lots more review showdows (like the ratchet one) in the coming year and sending out free games and prizes to those involved. reviewers who have made a name for themselves with their user reviews will be considered first.

d

This is kind of off-topic but I was wondering if you guys will be giving reviewers the option to edit their reviews. LIke for me, I have found a few errors in my reviews and I would like to edit them but there is no option for that though, will there be one or not?

tough call. probably not. the problem is that an edit feature is ripe for abuse among the less scrupulous. like changing a review back and forth between text and horrifying pictures.

for now make sure and use the "preview" button. that's what it's there for.

d

How about if the edit only happens when a staff member approves of the edit?

e.g. Let's say I wanted to edit my review of Sims 2 Nightlife. First I would select edit, then I would make all the adjustments I needed to make.

Then I would hit the OK button, or whatever it is called.

Then, a staff member who logs in would get some message saying that a member (Tyrranis) has changed one of their reviews (Sims 2: Nightlife). That staff member would then look at the changes and determine if they are suitable.

The changes would be applied once they had been approved by the staff member.

eeggs.com does the same thing.

I am with Tyrannis on that one, I have seen spelling errors and some typos in my own reviewsand I wish I could of caught them on the first look around as well.

Why not, after typing it, copy it into Word or something to check the spelling? Or, write the entire review in Word then copy it to GR after.

I've done that (not in Word, I prefer Corel) with some of the lengthier replies I write/wrote.

I'm not sure exactly how our Reader Review webforms work, but if they're anything like our normal review forms they won't get along with Word documents at all.

dUKE said:
tough call. probably not. the problem is that an edit feature is ripe for abuse among the less scrupulous. like changing a review back and forth between text and horrifying pictures.

for now make sure and use the "preview" button. that's what it's there for.

d
How about if we get special permission to do so? I only ask this because in my first review I didn't have any paragraph separators, so it's all bunched together. I would've fixed it but the preview showed them the way I wanted them, so I approved it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo