Ads / Pop-ups

Jonathan_Leack said:
Things are about to change dramatically for the better in the near future. *cough cough* redesign.
If we're getting a redesign, my one request is to have threads from the Misc forum appear under the "Latest Forum Threads" tab.

Longo_2_guns said:
Jonathan_Leack said:
Things are about to change dramatically for the better in the near future. *cough cough* redesign.
If we're getting a redesign, my one request is to have threads from the Misc forum appear under the "Latest Forum Threads" tab.

Noted. Thanks for the feedback.

Longo_2_guns said:
The forums are alive?

More like on life support.

Anyway, my ad blocker blocks 22 ads, which really isn't as bad as some websites. The ad blocker blocks about 1,700(!) requests from Twitch. I hate this cancer on the internet and would gladly just pay for subscription services to access stuff that I want. But then again I discovered GR when I was a highschool student who would've dropped the website if there was a subscription I couldn't pay for.

Admittedly I've been avoiding coming to GR for quite a while because of the ads, which is a sad thing to say. Even now, I tried logging in to reply to this and two times ads popped up and messed with me trying to sign in.

It's frustrating. As I miss viewing the content and seeing old school community members give their thoughts on game reviews in the comments.

The ads have greatly improved. So much so that nothing on the site shows up if you have an ad blocker on now. However, the up side is that I have it disabled and the ads are back to normal. No longer is my CPU spinning up and heating up just for a website.

Why is all content invisible with an ad blocker? Was this some bypass you guys implemented?

Ivory_Soul said:
The ads have greatly improved. So much so that nothing on the site shows up if you have an ad blocker on now. However, the up side is that I have it disabled and the ads are back to normal. No longer is my CPU spinning up and heating up just for a website.

Why is all content invisible with an ad blocker? Was this some bypass you guys implemented?

I just tried AdBlock and Ublock on Google Chrome without issues. Which browser are you using?

What you're experiencing isn't intentional.

Not sure if it is ad related, but some of the article webpages are nearly unresponsive for me. It took me about ten minutes to read the article on whether the Switch could outsell the PS4 and then type up a very short comment. The main page seems fine and another page I went into was a bit choppy but responsive, but there have been others that was just like the first one. Not sure what's going on.

COMaestro said:
Not sure if it is ad related, but some of the article webpages are nearly unresponsive for me. It took me about ten minutes to read the article on whether the Switch could outsell the PS4 and then type up a very short comment. The main page seems fine and another page I went into was a bit choppy but responsive, but there have been others that was just like the first one. Not sure what's going on.

Sorry to hear this. Next time it happens we would love if you could provide the following:

- Platform (mobile or desktop)
- Location (country/state)
- Browser (i.e. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox)
- Which ad might have caused the problem

This helps us track down where the issue may originate from. There are a lot of different ads that are displayed on our website per day, and the most difficult part in addressing issues is tracking down the source. Once we can track it down, we can address it swiftly.

Jonathan_Leack said:
COMaestro said:

Sorry to hear this. Next time it happens we would love if you could provide the following:

This helps us track down where the issue may originate from. There are a lot of different ads that are displayed on our website per day, and the most difficult part in addressing issues is tracking down the source. Once we can track it down, we can address it swiftly.

I'm guessing it must have been a particular ad, because going back to the page it is working fine now. So, no idea which ad, but for reference

-Platform = desktop, Win 7
-Location = Oregon, USA
-Browser = Chrome

COMaestro said:
Jonathan_Leack said:
COMaestro said:

I'm guessing it must have been a particular ad, because going back to the page it is working fine now. So, no idea which ad, but for reference

-Platform = desktop, Win 7
-Location = Oregon, USA
-Browser = Chrome

Thanks!

Greetings from Washington. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod