Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harold and Kumar

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

GhostTrip

Rookie
I know these guys are in the movie showdown, but not as a duo. Also, help me settle a bet. Which stoner duo do you enjoy the most?

I say Cheech and Chong, another friend says Jay and Silent Bob and a third friend says she enjoyed Harold and Kumar the most.

thetank said:
Yeah, I'm gonna go with Jay and Silent Bob, but I'd bet Bill and Ted get a mention...

If your gonna give Bill & Ted a mention, you also gotta give Wayne & Garth a mention. Neither of these two duos are ever shown smoking or even talk about smoking, but come on! It's so obvious!

Those who voted Jay and Silent bob obviously didn't get there correct dose of Cheech and Chong because they are the pinnacle of stoner duo's... Don't get me wrong either, im a huge Kevin Smith fan, but Cheech and Chong are the masters.

Modern day flip, and I'd say Harold and Kumar are the new Cheech and Chong... the whole movie is a goal, they just so happen to stumble the whole way to it because they're stoned.

But really, Jay and Silent bob... really. They're lovable characters, but there advertures are nothing compared to the hash van driving duo that is Cheech and Chong.

I had to toss in a vote for Jay and Silent Bob but really, I enjoy all of these duos. Harold and Kumar are great films in pointing out our racial assumptions and the absurdity of our views, while Cheech and Ching are the grandfathers of stoner duos. Jay and Silent Bob however are just...Witless stoners who are backdrop characters most of the time who really elevate an already awesome film into greatness.

When I first saw a Cheech and Chong movie (in the mid90s) I was blown away about how far away removed we'd come from that sort of comedy. Thanks a lot, Reagan administration.
American Pie's 'edgy' humor couldn't touch Cheech and Chong with a ten foot poll. ahem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=067FMmyrXmQ
this was the first scene I'd ever seen of Cheech and Chong and I remember watching it like it was a snuff film.
"I'm gonna get in trouble just for watching this!"
Where did we go wrong? :'(
(ha, I love Chong's dry delivery)

love Jay and Silent Bob also. Harold and Kumar? ehh, never gave them an honest shot.
What about Tenacious D? That's an awesome duo, too.

While I love both Harold and Kumars, their background really didn't connect with how I view stoner culture. These are two above intelligent guys who just happen to have the worst of luck. While I consider myself an above intelligent stoner as well, my friends and I have had more wacky adventures just in two apartments than we have ever on road trips.

Cheech and Chong started a revolution, but they are from an older generation. Some of their humor is still dead on, but other times I just can't relate with them.

Jay and Silent Bob and two slacker stoners who constantly quote star wars and comic books, originally never left their home territory of New Jersey, and had a blast with whatever it was they had at hand. I could relate with these guys.

Although now I look back on it, the duo I most relate with are the two main characters from Grandma's Boy. Both stoners who spent most of their time playing video games and hanging out with crazy people in a random living room.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo