Emotions... *spoiler warning*

Kijan

Rookie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfatBzCE ... re=related

Which games made you press pause, put down the controller, look out of the window, into the sky and think about the events that unfolded before your eyes?

Games that made you feel for the character that is in reality but mere pixels on your screen?

God damn it, after this scene that I looked on Youtube I called my little brother moments afterwards to tell him how much I love him and if he ever needed me that I am just a call away.

I, of course, have incorporated stuff like this into my game projects.

It is kinda difficult to effectively share those experiences with others when they weren't there with you, though.

Yeah both endings of infamous were both sad and depressing i was expecting a different ending for good then bam got slapped in the face with sadness

Finding Malik's body. The emotion was rage.

John Marston's final shootout. I've never felt like as big of a badass (or nearly as sad about the inevitable consequence of a life of banditry) as that moment when you've got 20 guys scoping you and you drop into Dead Eye, pick off a couple and that fall to the ensuing storm of bullets.

I can't really think of any game having to much of an emotional impact on me, probably because I'm a callous individual.

I do have a hard time though playing an evil character in just about any game, BioWare games especially. Just feel like a real dick going through with the negative options, and subsequently can't force myself to do it.

I called my little brother moments afterwards to tell him how much I love him and if he ever needed me that I am just a call away.

The last time my older brother did that, I called him a fag and laughed him off the phone call. Some things...should remain unspoken, and they are usually known anyways. :)

That gears moment Ugh said was a sad moment for me, I knew it was gonna happen but it still touched my heart in a way. Another touching game moment was on Halo 3 when Johnson died, Johnson was my second favorite character of that series (Chief being number 1) or in Halo Reach I knew each Spartan would die but I really liked those characters so when each one was killed I got a little sad

StickyGreenGamer said:
I called my little brother moments afterwards to tell him how much I love him and if he ever needed me that I am just a call away.

The last time my older brother did that, I called him a fag and laughed him off the phone call. Some things...should remain unspoken, and they are usually known anyways. :)

I'd probably smack you on your head if you were my lil' brother. :D

And did the spoiler tag too... sorry if anyone got their games 'spoilered' because of this thread. :'(

Back on topic...

MGS games also always seem to know how to pull my emotional strings. I'll probably never forget some of the boss fights... :)

Simply amazing.

Kijan said:
StickyGreenGamer said:

I'd probably smack you on your head if you were my lil' brother. :D

And did the spoiler tag too... sorry if anyone got their games 'spoilered' because of this thread. :'(

Back on topic...

MGS games also always seem to know how to pull my emotional strings. I'll probably never forget some of the boss fights... :)

Simply amazing.

Yes some of those boss fights were freaking awesome i will never forget the finale of MGS4, i loved it especially the final boss with the music played with it as well most likely my favorite boss of all time.

I suppose I should state the obvious FF7 moment...but that wanst sad, more surprising than anything.

Limbo made me very ponderous, and sort of empty inside when you get the idea what's happened at the end.

I cant think of any tear-jerkers though.

Bretimus_v2 said:
John Marston's final shootout. I've never felt like as big of a badass (or nearly as sad about the inevitable consequence of a life of banditry) as that moment when you've got 20 guys scoping you and you drop into Dead Eye, pick off a couple and that fall to the ensuing storm of bullets.
Anyone else just sit behind the door waiting for a minute before heading out? That was pretty emotional.

MattAY said:
I suppose I should state the obvious FF7 moment...but that wanst sad, more surprising than anything.
As overrated as VII is, I still feel bad for anyone trying to play the game for themselves today. That was so powerful when it first happened, but now everyone's shouting about it from the mountain tops and the surprise and shock of it all is totally ruined.

danielrbischoff said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
Anyone else just sit behind the door waiting for a minute before heading out? That was pretty emotional.

Anyone else try and kill everyone several times before realizing that was just what you got.

Bretimus_v2 said:
danielrbischoff said:
Bretimus_v2 said:

Anyone else try and kill everyone several times before realizing that was just what you got.

Yes, I thought I must be doing something wrong.

With UN I thought for a moment you might have to put John's wife down. That would've been emotional.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133