EARTHQUAKE!

WickedLiquid

Regular
Okay, so a 5.5 earthquake hit Ontario about an hour and a half ago.

My facebook home page is nuts....

This is most likely a pussy earthquake compared to quakes across the globe since there were no fatalities, or even injuries. But an Earthquake NEVER hits here so it's big news. Lots of people scared and panicked because of G20 and thought it may have been a bomb going off at first.

I thought it was exciting. I was at home and my apt started shaking and the only thing that could go through my mind was "NO WAY!" Then I heard car alarms go off on the street and I snapped out of my disbelief and ran under my door frame because I always see people do that in movies, LOL. Then it ended and all was well...

I felt it while I was playing Knights of the Old Republic. Didn't force me to get up though.

I think even UK has had a 5.2 earthquake about a year ago.

Pussy earthquake indeed.

END OF THE WORLD 2012.... enough said. If i'm not too lazy i'll make a topic on my theory and how alot of shit is happening to this planet

lol, the Earthquake was no big deal. Only worthy of local news.

I was just excited and wanted to share my experience. It was my first time so she was gentle with me.

i'd like to sit through one of these gentle earthquakes sometime. i wonder if it damages your home's foundation though? it can't be a good thing.

Apparently the earthquake was strong enough shake hummingbird dicks in Ohio, according to one of the local news.

^
Yeah it spread all the way down to Ohio and upstate NY.

StalfrosCC said:
Did Canada fall into the Ocean?

No?

Too bad...

If we go down, we're talking Alaska with us damnit!

The earthquake actually hit at the boarder of Ontario and Quebec so everyone in Montreal felt it to.

I was at Harvey's with some co-workers on our lunch break. At first I thought someone was under the table shaking it, then we hightailed it out of there to the middle of the parking lot. I thought it was sad just how many people whipped out their phone's and began tweeting instead of actually getting up and leaving the restaurant. :roll: I mean the shaking had stopped when we were out side but we were thinking there could've been aftershocks.

WickedLiquid said:
I was just excited and wanted to share my experience. It was my first time so she was gentle with me.

Haha, that is sig-able.

Wes, I hope you returned to Harvey's to pay for your food. Also, what is Harvey's? Fast-food? Sit-down (which I've never quite understood that category since you sit down at fast-food restaraunts too)?

That's pretty crazy, whether it was weak or not. I'm under the firm belief that the Earth shouldn't move beneath my feet.

i didn't even feel it in London...

got some lulz out of all the facebook names.
brb getting my I survived the earthquake of 2010 shirt printed

^
I've been quite shocked hearing about how so many people didn't even feel it. I guess maybe it depends where you were and what you were doing.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Wes, I hope you returned to Harvey's to pay for your food. Also, what is Harvey's? Fast-food? Sit-down (which I've never quite understood that category since you sit down at fast-food restaraunts too)?

It's a famous Canadian Burger joint. One of those "choose your topping" places where the meat is cooked on a grill. And yes, we eventually went back in but our food was cold and the manager decided to close the resturant so we couldn't ask for a new burger. We also got the rest of the day off work though so it wasn't that bad.

Not trying to put you down or anything, but apparently the amount of movement in your house during a 5.0 earthquake (Ie, displace pictures or other loose&/poorly stacked things, rattle windows out of frames and crack ceilings/walls) accounts to the same things my shit suffers when i don't like my ear drums or neighbors and crank my stereo.

Really pussy quake bro.
Pussy quake.

Yeah, we've established that. Within the third sentence of this thread.

I've also established this wasn't so much about the quake in general, just about my experience. Are you upset I didn't post this in How's your day going?

i didn't feel squat and i was in a flippin elevator!!

when i got out some random woman was like "are you ok??? were you trapped"

i was like... uhhh? wat? hahaha

I was visiting a friend at her work underground and missed it.

I hope we get hit by another one soon so I can feel included.

What's funny is I didn't feel it, but I live in a VERY old home, a heritage home. Some of the doors in our house no longer close :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod