Do You Stream? You Will!

UrbanMasque

Everyone Wears a Mask
Do you watch any Streams?
What type of streams are they?
- Podcasts, let's plays, community events, tournaments?
How frequently?
Do you watch personalities or follow channels and specific events?
How much time per week do you spend Watching Streams?
How much time per week do you spend streaming?

What would encourage you to stream more?
What's stopping you from streaming more?

Where do you see Live streaming and / or video game streaming in 2 years, 5 years, 10 years?

Yeah, sometimes!

Mostly Let's Play videos. I do listen to the GameRevolution podcast when it's available, if that counts?

How frequently?

Not very frequent, honestly. Question will be answered in depth shortly.

I sometimes watch the streams of UghRochester, although his play times vary. Sometimes I'm asleep in bed when he plays, sometimes I'm at work. I'll try to watch his streams on my mobile phone, if my data usage isn't high.

Lately I've been watching Penny Arcade's let's play videos titled The First Fifteen, which I really enjoy. It's no secret that I am a huge fan of those guys. Their humour appeals to me and they play games I'm not familiar with.

I used to watch Two Best Friends Play but I don't anymore. Their videos are too long. I like to watch videos for five to ten minutes. Any longer and it may lose my attention. I've also found their humour is hit and miss. Sometimes it's hilarious, sometimes it's just them yelling incoherently and it's not so hilarious.

Probably ten minutes. Maybe fifteen tops, if you include different videos.

None. I've never streamed before, but I've thought about it.

If I had more time and knew exactly what I was doing.

Time, mostly. Also a bit lazy. I really want to do creative things like make YouTube videos and such, but time is hard. I have a pretty full on schedule. I work full time. I work on GR Strips once a week. I coach kid's judo three times a week (two afternoon, one morning). I train in judo four times a week (three nights, one morning) then I'm at the gym twice a week then on my weekends I'm spending it with friends, or my partner. I think in order to do creative stuff like YouTube videos or streaming, I should involve my partner, so we're doing something fun together.

Where do you see Live streaming and / or video game streaming in 2 years, 5 years, 10 years?

Probably the same as it is now, maybe even bigger and more popular? Maybe appearing on television?

Yes

- let's play, community events and tournaments

How frequently?
Maybe a few times a week

Yes.

If it's slow at work, easily 10+ hours.

Unlimited data

Not having unlimited data

Where do you see Live streaming and / or video game streaming in 2 years, 5 years, 10 years? Big money! Big prizes!

Yes

Gameplay mainly; some poker cash games

How frequently?
Seldom, but only because streamers either have an inconsistent schedule, or one that conflicts with my schedule.

I try to catch Ugh's streams, and I've watched several of your highlights. I subscribe to a poker channel that features celebrity players. I watched some WSOP coverage this year, but I'm really only interested in cash games. Tournaments are so boring.

Less that five hours

Zero

If I had the proper equipment and editing software to make something unique and semi-professional, I would try my hand at streaming.

Lack of ideas and equipment.

Hard to say since I'm not an avid viewer. I do love seeing a thriving community of amateur content creators who would otherwise never have a chance without mediums like YouTube and Twitch supporting them.

Yeah
Community Playdates, Let's Plays
How frequently?
I used to watch The Fragdolls, but they're not longer a team. I watch TheSpartanShow weekdays when I get home from work. Usually just there just chatting alongside his small community.
TheSpartanShow and game devs like Naughty Dog, Nintendo, etc.
12-18 hours
Anytime I play a video game. Probably 24-28 hours

Socializing with viewers
My current job

Where do you see Live streaming and / or video game streaming in 2 years, 5 years, 10 years
People will become more familiar with it. Understand more ways to broadcast. People are already starting that way, since PS4 and Xbox One brought live streaming mainstream.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo