Best introductory video games

schimmel said:
shandog137 said:
Heavy Rain - because it will help get the novice gamer to understand the controller button layout and they can focus on the story - not really a game just getting them used to controls

I'd disagree with this one. Although you make some good points, I've heard that the beginning to this is very slow, and a novice gamer (especially the kind that doesn't "get" videogames) wouldn't stick around for a few extra hours because it will get good, they'd rather be doing something else.

I only played the demo and I thought the tutorial did a good job utilizing most of the buttons on the controller and also utilized the six-axis. I work with a lot of older people so I figured the slow start slash noir novel style of the game wouldn't bother them too much. They would probably just get excited about completing the tutorial. I could see their little 40-60 year old eyes light up now. Weeeee this is what you kids are talking about... now I'm taking a nap before I start tweeting

Bioshock because the controls arent complicated, but it has a wonderful design, the all knowing arrow keeps them in the right direction, and it has a wonderful story.

Burnout Revenge is just a fun racing game.

Guitar hero 2 or 3 for obvious reasons.

Any generation of pokemon games.

Maybe even L4D because its a group game.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is a pretty easy-to-grasp action-adventure game. You only have one button for all of your attacks, but the combat still manages to be incredibly interesting and deep, while still being simple to control. I helped my girlfriend who had never played through a video game in her life learn how to play and she played through the whole campaign. And if you want more of a challenge, adjusting the difficulty really makes a difference, both in combat and stealth. I am playing through it on hard and it is a nice challenge. Plus, Batman is a pretty familiar icon and the game does the comic series and animated series justice, so that can hold the attention of people who don't usually have any interest in video games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod