Games at the library

Sammo

Regular
From the University of Wisconsin library website:

"In recent years, scholars have heralded the new generation of video games as an important medium, one that affects both the psycho-social and physical development of today's game players. With the increasing attention video games have attracted - by both players and researchers - College Library is excited to have the opportunity to include video games in its holdings."

So now they have ps3, 360 and wii games at the university library, and they might even be pushing games from an academic standpoint.

And regardless of who thinks games are a legitimate medium, now I can check them out from the library. Let's hope this becomes a trend.

Here's the announcement from the library if you're interested:
http://www.college.library.wisc.edu/news/expanded/videogames/

Ya Wisconsin!! I love my home state. They sell games at my girlfriends college. Only Halo 3 and Assassins Creed though.

my local library has GH3 and Rock Band. anyone can just go in and play against each other, no checking them out though :(. apparently they r gonna get a video game section soon though where u can check them out:)

MattAY said:
sammo's your daddy - deal with it junior
LOL, wouldn't that be a kick in the groin :lol:
I do hope this becomes a trend, and they start using games for acedimic reasons, Ive never looked at my library for them, I just go to use the computers. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle