Do you buy most of your review copies?

Discussion in 'Support' started by GRColin, Oct 14, 2014.

1. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

Lately I've noticed a delay in reviews for some of the more anticipated titles such as Alien : Isolation. The Evil Within and...well I can't think of others but I know there was one. I'm wondering, purely out of curiosity because the delay does not bother me in any way, are you having to buy more and more of your copies of games for review or are you still sent pre-release copies for the reviews process on the majority of titles?

2. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

I see tons of reviews that say "Code provided by publisher."

3. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

Right. There is that. I completely forgot that it said that at the bottom of reviews. I feel rather silly now!

4. madster111

madster111 Rookie

They just take their time.
    Which makes sense to me, fuck those websites that spend 2hrs playing a game and then immediately write a 9/10 or 10/10 best game ever extreme mlg gaming stamp approved bullshit 'review'.

5. danielrbischoff

We still get most of our games directly from the publishers. I apologize for delays in the review process. While I'll kill a weekend on a game like I did with Bayonetta 2, we don't expect freelancers to move that quickly and try our best to give them the necessary time to fully evaluate a game.